This Disappears When Logged In

Important: Animal Plastics Reliable?

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by EriksExotics, Oct 13, 2013.

1. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Hi. I spent $215 on an Animal Plastics T8 on September 24th. The site said it would ship to me in 10 business days. 10 business days pass so I email Animal Plastics. They tell me 10-14 business days, and I'll get an email from FedEx. It's been fifteen business days, still no email from FedEx and non reply from Animal Plastics... I'm starting to doubt their reliability, even though they're recommended by the Reptile community quite a bit.

Anyone ever have similar issues? I need this cage asap, but every time I talk to them they tell me it'll take longer than the last time they told me.

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

It's in the mail.
    Which I find unreliable when it comes to time frames.
    Is there no tracking number?

3. EriksExotics

Nope... They said 10-14 business days and FedEx will send an email to me with a tracking number.

4. kriminaal

Sounds like FedEx never received it then.

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Just going off what I've read, as I've not ordered from them personally yet, but they seem to have a lot of lag time between ordering and getting the cages produced and shipped. Wanted to buy a cage from them at Tinley park NARBC this weekend but they were sold out by the time I found them. Very nice cages, but from the impression I got from the guy there and what I have read, you'd better be prepared for a significant wait. Not sure why they take so long unless they are just plain swamped with orders a lot.

6. EriksExotics

Woo hoo! I got an Email from FedEx two days ago saying is was in Johnston, Iowa. Now its in Troutdale, Oregon (maybe an hour away from me). Estimated shipping date is tomorrow! :) it took close to a month, but I've heard it's worth the wait from everyone who has one.

7. kriminaal

I don't know much about them. So post some pics when you get it.
    Probably should show your excited face as well ;)

8. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Let me know how youu like it. I'm looking at AP for my next purchase I'd love to know what yoh think

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Yay glad it's on the way! I can't wait to see pics! What is going in it?

10. Zerp3D

Zerp3D Elite Member

Yes! Please post a "review" of these cages once you've gotten it all set up! I've been looking into Animal Plastics, and was wondering if they were really worth the price. Please let us know!

11. EriksExotics

Wow, guys! That's all I can say! I've heard from everyone that it's worth the wait... I'll definitely x2 that!!! Nice and sturdy... The instructions are a little wacky but it took about 30 minutes TOPS to assemble. Definitely want an additional person to help or it's going to suck to put together!! Really really good cage... I would've waited 6 months if I had to... This cage is awesome.. And at $215?? Awesomeness! :) Animal Plastics replied and sincerely apologized for the wait, which I thought was awesome and showed loyalty. If you're going for a 4x2x2 cage, I'd say to go with one of these... No downsides, nothing I can complain about so far... I'll do an image and video review soon! :)

12. EriksExotics

Alright.. So here's my 8' Dumeril's Boa in her T8. :)

10339770263_6e3ea64276.jpg

10339548705_1f1bb0d78f.jpg

13. EriksExotics

Alright.. So here's my 8' Dumeril's Boa in her T8. :)

10339548705_1f1bb0d78f.jpg

10339770263_6e3ea64276.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Zerp3D

Zerp3D Elite Member

Wonderbal! I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the enclosure! It definitely looks safe and comfortable for your Boa! How's the heating being applied? UTH? I see no lamps, so I ask.

15. EriksExotics

I'm using a UTH. The cage is pretty heavy so I had to put a spacer under the cage so the UTH doesn't get broken or malfunction, etc.

16. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

With AP do you have to install the heating yourself or does it come set up?

17. EriksExotics

When you order it, you have the choice to have it pre-installed. I just did mine myself.

18. EriksExotics

And here's another picture.

10417373956_304afd078a.jpg