This Disappears When Logged In

I'm New and Need Help

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by joey666, Nov 14, 2012.

1. joey666

joey666 Member

I recently bought a sonoran dwarf boa it's my first boa hes 2 years old and about 3 foot long.I just was wondering why my boa is sitting in his water bowl for hours.he started doing it last night and I just thought he was chilling out but he stayed in for hours so I took him out and he done it again tonight I'm just wondering is it normal?I checked him for mites and he looks good the temps at 30-32 c on the warm side and 19-21c on cool.any help would be apricated thanks.

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

How large is the enclosure and what is your humidity at?

3. joey666

joey666 Member

3 foot by 1 and it's at 55%

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Are you positive about your temps and humidity? Using reliable digital meters? If there re no mites maybe it's getting ready to shed. Also have you checked temps at the bottom where the snake is or are you mentioning ambient temps?

5. joey666

joey666 Member

No I don't have digital ones and there the temps at the bottom of each side.ya maybe he's just goin to shed.hope so :/ should I take him out of the water?

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

No, if there are no signs of illness or signs of mites left in the water it may simply be either shedding or looking to better regulate its own temp. Keep an eye out for mites in the water though, if it's not normal for her watch her closely for the next few days.

Would recomend moving over to digital as the analog ones can often be off by quite a bit, it may be warmer then you think.

7. joey666

joey666 Member

Ok I'll will do thanks for the info I'll have to invest in one tomorrow.it actually seems colder than what it's tellin me but maybe it's just me.