This Disappears When Logged In

I'm from South Fl. what am I??

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by Ssativa, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

Last weekend we went mudding and at one point we stopped and I got out of the truck and found this frog/toad just chillin in the mud. He's been living in my aquarium ever since. I have lots of cork and plants in my fish tank so he has plenty of terrain, but he prefers to sit at the front of the tank near an oyster shell. He stays in the oyster shell until I open the lid. Then he comes out anticipating a meal. He eats very small insects like ants right from your hand, or tweezers. He has eaten a mealworm, but it is hard to find a mealie small enough for him to eat. He's about half an inch in diameter. He never goes into the water, but seems to like the humidity. Does anyone know what I have here?http://www.reptiforum.com/gallery/data/500/8512November_11frog_04_001-med.jpg

2. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

looks like an eastern narrowmouth toad i think

3. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

Looks like and Eastern to me as well.
    Zane

4. MiamiE

MiamiE Active Member

ha thats great another south florida mudder! what part of south florida you from and where do you go mudding! thats a neat lookin toad, thank god you rescued him from that area! he wouldve been soup!

5. Ssativa

I live in Pembroke Pines. That was just a little temporary mudhole we found right of Griffen Rd. We used to go out to "Lost Lake" right off 75, but I've heard that it's off limits now. I've gone through two trucks since the last time I went out there. LOL

6. MiamiE

MiamiE Active Member

sounds good man. good luck with the new herp

7. Ssativa

You guys are so smart.

I did a google search on the Eastern Narrow Mouth Toad and that is definatly what I've got. Thanks for the help :)

8. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Yup, thats a narrowmouth all the way. They're cute little buggers, but I've never seen one in person. He ain't gonna get much bigger than that either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.