This Disappears When Logged In

I'm expecting!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hebidoshi, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hebidoshi

Hebidoshi Elite Member

No...it has nothing to do with reptiles, but we have 2 dozen baby chickens incubating right now. We can see them growing in the eggs and they're so cute!! So if anyone wants any, better get in line. LOL ;)

2. Lord_Jason

Lord_Jason Active Member

Sure, I'll take mine sautaed with garlic and butter please :)

Paul

3. Hebidoshi

Hebidoshi Elite Member

Leave my babies alone, you blasphemer!!! :p

4. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Hi Hannah-

My very first pet was a chicken! Yes, true.

When I was a wee-lad the crossing guard who safely crossed me to and from school every day of my elementary school life surprised me with two fertilized eggs in a hanky one day (see how old I am, they actually used hankies back then, LOL). I ran home so excited!!

My Kindergarten teacher lent me the school incubator to incubate them in.

I read and learned all about them, set it up, marked the eggs and waited.

Well, about the time they were about to hatch we had to go on a family vacation for the week. I was sooooo upset that I might lose the eggs from not being there to care for them, I punished my whole family by causing them misery and upset the whole week. :D

On the way home, I badgered my parents, blamed them for everything, the whole nine yards.

When we got home I raced into the room where the incubator was, expecting the worst case.

To my surprise one of the chicks had just poked through the egg!!! I sat and watched both, helping them occasionally. they both hatched and were instantly imprinted to me!

Those little chicks followed me everywhere, I just loved them to pieces.

When the time came, I had them placed at the local park zoo/sanctuary. I visited them most weekends until I finally lost track of them.

So, that's my first pet was a chicken story! :D

Good luck with yours. I'd love to be able to bring my boys down for the hatching out. I think it's such a magical moment for a child to witness. Of course they don't like to eat eggs after that for a LONG time. ;)

5. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

I like Chickens.........Ba BA BACACK!

6. Hebidoshi

Hebidoshi Elite Member

Dom, you aren't old, silly!!!! :D
    I've chosen my egg to watch so that she will follow me around, although I already have a chicken that follows me. Perhaps I can talk my dad into letting you guys visit.

7. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Chickens!

I used to have chickens! loads of them! They are fun pets we gave them to a friend of ours when we had to move and they are still happily running around. Good luck and I wanna see pictures they are so cute when there babys. :)

8. Lord_Jason

Lord_Jason Active Member

Visit you hannah?

for dinner?

right on!

Paul

9. Amirra

Amirra Elite Member

:)

I have fun keeping peking ducks and mallards as pets. had six pekings at a time one year... oh they were a handful!! but so fun and lovable :) but unfortunately a deranged kid took up his gun and shot five of em for fun while they were basking on an Island in a lake... :( im going to get mallards this month though. so ill send pics of the ducklings when they come in. :)

10. Hebidoshi

Hebidoshi Elite Member

DINNER?! I think not!

11. Lionfishy

Lionfishy Elite Member

Well i love chicken with garlic and lemon. When they grow up i would love some! can i get them cleaned? :p

12. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

Going a little further off. You are a Floridian. Did you know that they just changed the law here? To have mallards now in Florida, you have to have a game farm license and permit. It seems that the mallards that have gotten away or have been turned loose by their owners are breeding with native species and it is to the point where the native breed is at the verge of decimation.
    Call the Fish and Wildlife Cons. Comm. in Tallahassee at 850-488-6253 to get particulars

13. dcboas

dcboas Elite Member

Chicken sounds goo to me ,grilled with a little bbq sauce,yum drooling thinking about it.NO,realy they are cool to have around and watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.