This Disappears When Logged In

Im Building a Greenhouse. Need Help!

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by goathunter, May 6, 2013.

1. goathunter

goathunter Member

Hi guys,

I'm planning to build a greenhouse. Window pane with 4mm PC screen and skeleton with Aluminum. Also roof with 2mm PC board.
    all material is UV chemical-free.
    Not very good in English. but i think i made my point...

I'm wondering above material can provide enough UVB energy for my reptile? im currently keeping 2 chemeleon,2 beardie,15 Asian lizzards.
    Solar meter is way expensive though i can afford one.Can someone with UVB meter help with some research or answer my questions by your experience?

Really appreciate!

Felix

2. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Your English is fine! Sorry, I can't really help with your question...you have the lizards separate right? Chameleon and Beardies are completely different and need specific different habitats. Bearded dragons need more dry and chameleons are more jungle and humid needs. Other than that I can't really talk much :) but you did fine with English.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The chameleons and bearded dragons cannot be housed together. The conditions that they require are too different. You can't just put a bunch of different animals from differing environments together.
    Regular window pane glass does not allow UVB to pass. It is specifically designed to block it. The only glass that will work is specific to green house construction and it isn't cheap.
    You will also depending on your climate, need either air conditioning or heating.