This Disappears When Logged In

Illegal to Ship to New York?

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Mrflay, May 28, 2013.

1. Mrflay

Mrflay Elite Member

Does anyone know if its illegal to ship a retic to New York? I am very interested in buying a male platinum retic. I own a few boas and a large burmese python

2. MicahC

MicahC Elite Member

It's not illegal to ship snakes but you have to take special care, packaging, and service to do it...

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Retics are illegal to ship across state lines, nationwide.

4. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

All big snakes are illegal to ship, import, or move across state lines if my memory is correct. Retics, burms, anacondas, and two species of rock python.

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Sorry guys but retics are not on that list. There may be a local or state ban but the only things added to the Lacey act were Burms, yellow anacondas, and 2 species of African rock pythons. They were attempting to get more listed but it got whittled down to those four, and as far as I know they haven't managed to add any others yet. I know there are groups still trying but they haven't managed it yet.

Edit: If someone has information to the contrary, please link it. I haven't figured out how to post links from mobile but I got that off USARK's website. Found the link on here in the legal news section.

6. aztec4mia

aztec4mia Elite Member

^^^^In addition to Darkbird, retics are legal to ship across state lines but are illegal to keep in NY, there might be a permit you can get but not likely.

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

You guys are right! For some reason I though retics were on that list. But they are definitely illegal in NY.

8. medusa1974

medusa1974 Well-Known Member

This may help.
    ban

9. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Oh huh, would you look at that. Learn something new every day!