This Disappears When Logged In

Iguana Won't Shed

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Alice In Chains, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Alice In Chains

Alice In Chains New Member

About a month ago I bought two baby iguanas, and one of them wont shed. My other one is nearly done shedding its back and starting to shed on its legs and tail. I think they were siblings. I moniter humidity and temp all the time, and the humidity is kept at about 75% and temp never dropped below 75 degrees, usually close to 85-90. I know its still scared of people so I don't mess with it. When I feed it, I feed a mix of juvinile iguana food, mustard greens, and carrot shreds, and I change it every day.

The picture of the moniter was taken at night with flash

Attached Files:

2. EctoJoJo

EctoJoJo Well-Known Member

You may want to start with a digital thermometer / hygrometer. and locate them in multiple sections of the enclosure at once. From what I gather the analog devices have quite a large margin of error to determine the exact information. This way you can tell if the humidity and temps are correct in the entire enclosure as apposed to one spot.

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, the fishtank looks very sparce and doesn`t allow for any privacy, can you show a few photos of the whole enclosure and say how you`re measuring the basking surface temp? As the other member mentioned, the analogue gauges are usually quite inaccurate.
    Are you keeping them both together?

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If you are keeping them together you are asking for trouble. Green iguanas are highly territorial. As they mature they will most likely begin to fight resulting in one or both being seriously injured or killed.

jayduvall likes this.