This Disappears When Logged In

Iguana Needs Good Home

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by smartin78, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Whoohoooo!!!! I love it when a plan comes together!! :D

2. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

Congrats Ace !!!

I can't wait to hear all about him and Pics...of course.

3. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Update

Next saturday is when Louie will come to live with me! I cant wait my room has been converted to a safe roaming area for him, my grandfather is building the cage and the cage will come down with him next saturday! I cant wait!

I just wanted to let everyone know the updates I will post pics when he gets here I have already seen a few of him he is adorable!

Off of one of his pictures I am making a clay sclupture( I hope it turns out well) I will post pics of ti too! :D

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Congratulations Audrey. I'm glad that everything is coming together nicely and glad you could give this ig a good forever home!

5. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Congratulations Audrey! How wonderful that everything worked out for all parties concerned, especially the lucky iguana!

Best of luck with him!

6. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

Yeah!!! I'm so glad for you and Louie!

Remember, we're all here if you have questions. :)

7. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Thanks everyone I cant wait!(as I have said before lol)

I know you are! :) :D

8. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Question

What is a good plant that will be ok if my Iguana accideantly takes a bite out of it? I used to have a list but I lost it and I trust your guys opinion over everyone else's! :D

Thanks for all your help!

9. SurvivorSteph

Here's a link to Turtle Cafe's Edible Landscaping page:

Edible Landscaping

I haven't spent much time surfing around there, but I think you'll be able to find what you need.

10. Merlin

Audrey in all honesty live plants are not really feasable in a cage with an adult ig. I doubt they would last a day. He will destroy them.

11. SurvivorSteph

So true Merlin!

12. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Plants..

Hehe I have been dieing to put a plant in a pot I have in my room so I have a ficus bush in there and I cant wait to wrestle it away from Louie! He will be here on saturday! My wd Vito has fallen in love with the bush he likes to hide in it!

Bianca, Iguanas are great but not for starters, I would suggest a Leopard Gecko as Merlin said. I have re arranged my Life for Louie to come and stay with me there is hardly room for me in my bedroom anymore!

What Kind of snake do you have? :confused:

13. smartin78

smartin78 Member

It was hard to say good buy to him. He did great on the ride down. I can't wait to here how he is doing in his new home. Our poor cat seems heart broken. He has been sitting on the recliner that I had in louies room. I don't think the poor kitty knows what is going on or where his buddy is. Well I can't wait to see the pictures.

Enjoy a great companion,
    Steve

14. SurvivorSteph

Poor kitty and poor Steve, but lucky Louie and lucky Audrey!

15. Ace

Ace Elite Member

New family memeber

aww poor lil kitty! My puppies are scared to death of louie they hide and whine lol! He is doing wonderful the cage that my grandfather built is huge! He has room and of course he is out of the cage when my mother isnt home (she is terrified of him)!

I love him he is such a doll! He will climb up the couch and sit in my lap or on my shoulder and he did the same with my friend jerod. He liked the car ride looking out the window and such..I wish I had the internet so I could post pics I have taken many of them! I was afraid that he and my wd wouldnt be compadible and if that was the case I was going to move vito to my sis's room, but after 2 or 3 head bobs to him louie and Vito are ok if there are any signs of stress the cage will be moved!

Louie is eating fine and has a great appatite I spent all day at the store lol my mom is mad cause he eats better and healther than me!

I plan on changing the cage and making it perfect (I am a perfectionist and worrt wort about these things) So far no questions, He loves to be petted and as Steve said he is just like a cat without fur! Since I got him his colors have started to come in more he is getting a beautiful red tint on his belly as he is shedding! I think this is all lol.......I will post when I can

16. SurvivorSteph

Audrey, be careful of the "beautiful red tint on his belly," he may be going into breeding season. If that's the case, your sweetie may turn into Mr. Meanandugly. lol. Read up on male breeding season behavior just to be safe.

I'm SO glad you're doing well together!

17. Ace

Ace Elite Member

yeah...

I was figureing thats what it was and I read up lol and I plan on hiding the whole family and letting him rule the house j/k! :D

18. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Wondering

That kind of paint is reptile safe? :confused: I want to paint louies cage and was wondering.. :)

19. SurvivorSteph

Any paint that is "child-safe" will also be ig safe. BTW... this thread has turned from it's original intent, so Audrey, maybe you should start a new thread.

20. Merlin

Audrey, Steph isn't kidding about the breeding season hazard. You need to pay very close attention to his body language and keep him away from your face. A hormonal male can turn very nasty almost like thowing a switch. They can be very dangerous. If he sends you to the hospital your parents may have a serious change of heart about you keeping him.
    Be careful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.