This Disappears When Logged In

Iguana Lead Harness

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by BellaBlue, Oct 23, 2009.

1. BellaBlue

BellaBlue Member

I have been debating on rather to get a Iguana Lead and Harness for my little guy to keep him safe when I take him outside. Has anyone ever used one of these?

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Those things are over priced iguana strangling junk.
    The best way to go about it is to head to the craft store and create a hip leash.
    A leash that goes right in front of the rear legs is a far better choice because if the iguana feels tension on it and freaks out it will be less likely to be injured.

Reptile Hip Leash

3. PrimalBeasts

PrimalBeasts Well-Known Member

Another option is to clicker train your iguana. I know of people that has clicker trained beardies and water dragons. I believe the same can be accomplished with iguanas, monitors, and tegus.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Lots of luck with THAT! :rolleyes:
    If something spooks your iguana it could care less whether you are clicking something, jumping up and down and screaming, or standing on your head!
    Make a leash!

5. Gibson90kb

Gibson90kb Elite Member

I have that exact leash.
    BUT!
    I DO NOT use it as a harness. It can be used as a hip leash!
    The piece that goes around the head simply goes in front of the rear legs.
    I slip it on and let him roam around my room. (Easy way to find out where he is since he's small yet.)

This is how it hooks up.
    SSPX0568.jpg

Instead of bringing the clip around, you can just clip it and forget it.
    Like so.
    SSPX0567.jpg

The leash does not seem to bother him unless hes roaming in ecstatic patterns I have to move the leash before he gets caught on something, which leads to the famous ''Gator Roll" or him trying to be the next strong man competitor. The plastic locking mechanism does not bother him, he hardly notices it.

Attached Files: