This Disappears When Logged In

Iguana Bite Wounds *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Moshpitrockchick, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earlington2233

Earlington2233 Elite Member

Wow, and I thought that when I hand feed Crix to my Beardies, and they launched for it and accidentally got my finger was bad...

2. Gojera7

Gojera7 Elite Member

Yeah, green iguanas can be the greatest joy in a household, but also the greatest pain. My first iguana, Gojera, ended up getting me pretty bad quite a few times. He got my upper lip, my nose, my arm, my hand, my ankle, my mom's hand (although I did warn her not to get to close, she didn't listen to me though, oh well), and the back of my head on numerous occassions. But mind ya, he was one of the greatest joys to me anyway. My 3 year old female has gotten me on the hand once, when I was holding raspberries, that she wanted, now.

Iguanas are so unpredictable, that is why we need to study them, in our homes and in nature, just so we have an idea what body language to look for and what to do. Unfortunetly there will never be a handbook of, "When Your Ig Does This, RUN", but we can at least try.

I still love iggies!!!

3. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Well I went and visited the little terrorist on Thursday and ya know what? NOTHING. He looked at me, gave me a bob and went about his day. I know its only been a week and he's still adjusting but he looks like he's already at ease with the place.
    Wendy (the pet store owner) says she is able to get into the cage and clean around him and feed and water and he doesn't even get off of his shelf.
    I was a little worried that he might end up being a holy terror that they couldn't handle either but even with people looking at him and another iguana nearby that I'm sure he can smell he's behaving himself.

I'm not going to lie, I miss him, but at the same time it's been really liberating to be able to sleep in an extra half hour and be able to be gone for the weekend and such.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Glad to hear that he is making himself at home at the store. Hopefully he doesn't turn on Wendy, I'm sure that she is being very cautious; knowing what he did to you. You never know when they will turn on you. Glad you feel better about your choice and enjoy you extra sleep and weekends that you can be free.

5. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I went and visited him again on Sunday and he is settling in really well. He and Wendy seem to have built a rapport and he doesn't get aggressive at all. He's pretty much back to being the nice little marshmallow that he was before he turned on me. He's front and center at the store and gets lots of visitors. He eats like a king and has a nice shelf to survey his kingdom from. It's nice seeing that he is doing well and I'm not losing any more sleep (or skin!)
    Also I still have a cage for sale if anyone wants it!

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Glad to hear that he settled in to the new environment. Thats great and like you said you don't have to worry about losing skin anymore. Sleep tight, don't let the Iggies bite.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I am glad to hear that he is settling in.
    But I hope Wendy remembers that everything was fine and dandy with you and Dizzy for years,...
    until,......

8. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

I too am glad it's working out well for all involved! :)

9. Medium

Medium Elite Member

It is nice to hear your Iguana has found a sense of calm! The end result sounds much better then it could have been. I hope your feeling better now that you know your Igg is doing well.

Take care!

10. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Lacey, it really seems now that it was in your best interest and Dizzy's. Glad it worked out.

11. Gojera7

Gojera7 Elite Member

I am so glad that Dizzy has calmed down. It's always a relief to see a hard decision pay off.

I wish I was closer, I would take that cage of your hands in a second.

12. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

I agree with what Merlin said - tell Wendy to watch it!!! Never know when things will get all wrong. You know it!!! Never take a calm state for granted, never lose focus around them.

Glad he is doing OK where he is. You did right by him.

13. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

There is that type of calm they say comes just before the storm.

14. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Can we sticky this? I think it is a great reminder to people that even the most socialized ig can be very dangerous. It would be great to have at the top as a warning to people considering purchasing iguanas. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.