This Disappears When Logged In

Ideas

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BallPaul, Apr 21, 2013.

1. BallPaul

BallPaul New Member

I've posted before, but I am looking into getting a GTP as my next snake. In my last post I said i acquired a 24x18x24 exo terra in great shape. I am looking for ideas in terms of heating and what not. I am thinking of getting rid of the screen top (mainly because it is kind of warped, and just putting a piece of glass on the top with some holes for ventilation. Will most likely do a heat lamp of course above the glass on one side and potentially a heat mat on the same side under the tank with a water dish above it to keep humidity. Of course I have a lot more planning, but what do you all think about that idea with the heating and replacing the screen with glass

2. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

I think replacing the screen is a great idea for a chondro. I would not put ventilation holes in it yet however, I would set it up and see what your humidity looks like before you start drilling holes. As for heating, JoeyG is the man you want to speak with. Good luck, they are such cool animals. Have you found a breeder yet?

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

IMO you don't really have to replace the top. I've kept them and simply use plexiglass to cover the screen. I've left some space to allow for air flow. As to the heat light on glass... it doesn't work so well. I saw you posted on mvf too, meant to get back to you there. Since you have to get a thermostat anyway, look at the heat panels everyone is using. Its soooooo much better then heat lights. Since you're planning and researching take a look at those