This Disappears When Logged In

Ideas for Small Waterfall and River

Discussion in 'Substrates/Bedding/Flooring' started by bjlasota, May 31, 2012.

1. bjlasota

bjlasota Member

I have an 18x18x24 exo terra cage and I want to incorporate a small waterfall and tiny river into my habitat.
    I'm obtaining a MHD and they require moving water to drink from. I'd like to have an external pump that I can keep outside my habitat and use tubing to deliver and pull water. I'd like the pump to have a filter on it to always be putting fresh or fresher water into the habitat than is pulling out. I'm looking for not only pump/filter ideas, but also ideas on how I set up the waterfall/river in the base of the habitat.

I'd want to keep the water in the waterfall and river only as I have a monsoon system to keep the substrate and everything else wet. Any links to websites where I can purchase ready made kits or links to custom how-to's would help greatly.
    Please let me know if you have your own ideas as well. Remember, I only have 18x18 at the base to work with, maybe a little less with the foam rock background that I have.

2. justor

justor Elite Member

You do realize that cage is far too small for a MHD right?

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

As we told you in your other post,... that cage is not suitable for a mountain horned dragon!
    And the building that you are wanting to do will make it even smaller.

4. DragonsKeepers

DragonsKeepers Subscribed User Premium Member

I definitely agree; however, I wanted to point you to a site that has some cool creations. Hopefully you'll take it to incorporate into a much larger enclosure or use that one for a very small animal - either way, here you go:

How to make a waterfall (rainforest edition)