This Disappears When Logged In

Idea for Waterdragon Home

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by beefcakemighty, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

you can get a syphon that is on a hose and connects to the kitchen sink. It will suck the water out and go right down the drain. I use it on my fish tanks and my toad tank and it works great.

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

thats the picture I needed this morning to make me laugh, lol.

However,, have you thought about a pressure washer, lol.

3. tlh9162

tlh9162 Elite Member

Ooooh! Thats for the great idea Nicole! I have a pressure washer at work that I can use for when the time comes! Love having a maintenance shop at my office. :)

4. beefcakemighty

beefcakemighty Elite Member

well i put in my letter for the porch idea and now its all waiting and hoping heh.... the good news is i just got back from a reptile con. and i got two new crested geckos!!!!!!!!!!! ill have pictures up in like an hour i hope =D.. their only babies like 6 weeks old and about 3 inches long give or take a half inch... got them a new home in the bed room its a 12X12X18 exo terra cage ( i like the company ) and it was a kit so i got everything i need for them.. it was only 100 so i thought it was worth it..

5. tlh9162

tlh9162 Elite Member

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Let us know what they say. Congrats on the new babies...can't wait to see the lil ones. :)

6. schlegelbagel

They are going to say no. I can 100% guess this will be the answer.

"Its better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission"

7. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

"Its better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission"
    I Use that all the time. lol.
    though, i'd put it,
    "Forgiveness is easier to obtain then permission"

8. tlh9162

tlh9162 Elite Member

lol...skeptics! :) My philosophy is.."Dare to dream, because without dreams, there is no hope" (Author: T. L. Haupricht)

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Except when you are talking about making unapproved changes to another person's property.
    Instead of forgiveness you may get a nice fine and an eviction notice!

10. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

lol. there is always that chance, and then where would your WD's go?
    It is smart to get permission in a case like this.

11. beefcakemighty

well im still waiting for an answer, this sucks i want to know the answer NOW....:mad:

12. Merlin

If it is like most apts, the actual owners of the property may live who knows where! The manager may look at your request and most likely not have the authority to authorize such a construction and so has to forward it to the owners, which may be in no real hurry to get back to you.
    If the manager didn't just pitch it to begin with.
    Admittedly I have had some go rounds with apts and long distance owners and don't have a very high opinion of them.
    Maybe you will be luckier than I was.

13. tlh9162

tlh9162 Elite Member

Any word yet from the landlord?

14. beefcakemighty

nope.... im hoping sometime this week.....

15. beefcakemighty

More sad news i cant build the waterdragon enclosure out in the porch... i got the letter today and they had a list of reasons why i dont build it out there even if its not going to be built into the building and cause damage.... sooo ive decide ill build a indoor enclosure where my WDs tank is for them.....dont sure when ill be able to start it but ill post later when i do...

16. tlh9162

tlh9162 Elite Member

So sorry to hear that. Was hoping they would say yes. :(

17. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

Maybe you could possibly build an enclosure with wheels, kinda like some bird cages have so it can me kept inside but on a nice day when your on the porch you can role it out so they can enjoy some natural rays :)

18. schlegelbagel

Excellent idea!

You could also get a large dog crate and put him in on nice days and he could soak up rays.

19. beefcakemighty

well i take them out on the porch and they jsut run around of hang out on the table...but i guess if i want to leave them alone out there i could use some type of crate or when i build the enclosure ill she if it can have wheels... i dont know if it would work since there enclosure would be a large one....

20. Merlin

Wheels will work just fine if you make sure the dimensions will allow you to take it thru doorways!
    I have my iguana enclosure on wheels and it makes it much more convenient to move. And this thing weighs a LOT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.