This Disappears When Logged In

ID this beauty ratsnake please?

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by replover, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. replover

replover Elite Member

Ok please can you help me ID this snake?
    The person wanting to sell it insists that it is Elaphe taeniura friesi (Taiwanese Beauty Snake), and for all intents and purposes, it seems to look like the photos of the Taiwans... However, I read that they are NOT supposed to have blue tongues, that they are the exception of beauty snakes which have blue tongues, but the taiwans have red tongues. I am not sure if this info is correct though.

So is this a Taiwanese Beauty Snake? Or is it another beauty snake like the yunnan?

[​IMG]

2. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I want to say Taiwanese beauty snake but I'm not 100% sure. And the Taiwanese beauty snake I've seen before had a blue tongue so I don't think that makes a difference.

3. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Elaphe taeniura friesi or Elaphe t. mocquardi. i think its a E. taeniura friesi though/

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

It looks more like a Elaphe taeniura friesi to me as well...but I just did a google image search.

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

i don't know what it is but its pretty cool looking! :)

6. replover

replover Elite Member

So does anyone know for sure if freisi (Taiwan) doesn't necessarily have red tongue?

Also, are any of these beauty snakes protected under CITES? I looked through their serpents section in detail and couldn't find any reference to them. So I guess they are not protected. But just wanna make absolultey completely sure that they didn't have an alternate classification that's debated or anything like that.

By the way, I know the Taiwans grow to about 7 - 9 feet on average. But how big do the mocquardi's get?

7. Bighill_Reptiles

Bighill_Reptiles Elite Member

beautiful Taiwanese beauty I have a female that is over 6.5' now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.