This Disappears When Logged In

ID help again please

Discussion in 'Colubrids *General*' started by esbat, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esbat

esbat Reptile Rescue Premium Member

This wee baby came in with the Diamondback Water snake. The head shape is all wrong for a corn and something tells me it isn't a rat snake. The belly is completely unmarked and a cream colour. He's very tiny and weak but he has eaten. He weighs 9 grams.
    [​IMG]

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That is a morph! It is a "whitesided" morph either bullsnake, or gophersnake.
    I've looked at a few of them at shows.

3. esbat

Thanks again Merlin. I've been searching around and it does seem to be a White-sided Bull. He's so weak, I'm not sure yet if he'll survive but he did eat again last night.

It never occurred to me that it would be a bull or gopher, he is completely smooth. Doing rescue, I seldom get to see any babies of any species, mostly discarded adults. :(

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

He might just be a little stressed out, from the pic he does not look emaciated but rather healthy

5. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

such a cute baby. It's so sad how people treat animals, reptiles especially. Thrown out in the cold like they're nothing.

6. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

awww he's adorable! i hope he pulls through! good luck:)

7. esbat

The owner of these snakes was evicted and left them behind. I was told he was breeding but I'm not sure what species.

Ken, his last 1/3 of his body hardly moves. He does poop and yesterday he wrapped the end of his tail around my finger so I think things are looking up. If I put him down on his back, it takes him quite a while to right himself. The picture makes him look good, there are folds.

8. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

WIth the correct temps, plenty of water and you mentioned he ate,,,,I would think he should recover nicely. Try to get a fecal if you can.

9. esbat

The day he came in he sucked up water like he hadn't ever had any. He's spending all his time on the warm side. I'd love to know who the guy was that owned them, he's probably already set up again somewhere else. A fecal will get done when he poops a bit more, there isn't enough to get a true reading yet. The next one should be better. :)

10. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Any updates on the little guy?

11. esbat

Thanks for asking. He is still sort of limp, it's weird. He's taking in 2 pinkies once a week and looking so much better. He's rattling his tail at me now, things are looking up.

12. The D

The D Mango Empress

oh he's so itty bitty! I just want to pinch his little cheeks. ok... maybe not lol. I'm glad he's doing better for you tho!

13. esbat

Just thought I'd update you all. This little guy is improving daily and now that he's no longer weak, he's got ATTITUDE! He thinks he's a cobra, coils with his head up and strikes. If he had a hood, I'd be scared. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.