This Disappears When Logged In

I Want To Try Breeding!

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Tanner McBee, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Tanner McBee

Tanner McBee Member

I would like to try breeding my ball pythons. I have a male banana that is about 600-700 grams and a spider female that is about 2500 grams. Is the girl to big? any tips on it?

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Do you have a plan for incubating the eggs? Or one for what to do with the babies? Housing for them while you get a few meals in them before selling? And what do you want to breed in the first place? Just for the experience, cash, making something you want but cant find or afford? These are just some questions you should be considering before you do this. It's actually more important for you answer these questions to yourself than for me or anyone else. The only thing I'll mention on all that is that if your only reason for breeding is cash, there are a lot better options for making some than this.
    Now as for tips or suggestions, can't really give you much. Keep track of things like the dates they were paired, whether you saw a lock. There are also a lot of videos on YouTube that can give a lot of info.