This Disappears When Logged In

I Want A White's Tree Frog (pls Help)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jus, May 4, 2016.

1. Jus

Jus Member

Hi. I recently gave away my leopard gecko, which I explained to my mom was a beginner reptile. I gave it away because it became boring and sick, and I was too busy with school, so I sold it. Now I want a White's Tree Frog, because Summer is approaching and I have more time. My mom is against it because she thinks I will get bored again and kill it. I already have a tank for it, and most of the supplies. How can I convince her to get a Dumpy frog, which is relatively cheap. She does not want any more reptiles or amphibians in the house. :(

2. Jus

Jus Member

Also, try not to say that I need to promise I will take care of it and suck up to them, because last time I did that, they gave away my lizard. ;)

3. Buggy0123

Buggy0123 Established Member

Firstly: if you got bored with (in my opinion) one of the greatest pet reptiles, then you will get very bored with a frog that you're not really supposed to handle. Maybe think of something else to get if you want entertainment. (unless you have your heart set on a whites tree frog!) Secondly: convincing parents can be difficult- trust me, it took almost two years to convince my mom to let me get a snake :p. For the moment maybe prove your responsibility. (ie: do extra chores, help your parents etc.) Good luck!

4. Jus

Jus Member

Thanks. I'll try that.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

To be quite honest, you have by your own admission, shot yourself in the foot! You neglected one animal because you refused to make time to take care of it so they gave it away. Its little wonder that they don't believe you in your request. You have already shown them that you can't be trusted with a live animal.

Qwerty3159, Rich and Doodeus Maximus like this.
  6. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

Honestly, I'm gonna side with your parents on this one. You said you got bored with the gecko and it got sick. Doesn't seem like you were all that committed.

7. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I was also going to reiterate what merlin said. If you were my child and got rid of a pet because you were bored with it and it became sick because you neglected its care, you would have a long road ahead of you proving to me that you were mature enough for another pet. Pets are not disposable.