This Disappears When Logged In

I Thought I Was Ready for a Retic Till.....

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by dawgy, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats one of the bright spots for we who run forums. Being able to prevent someone from getting themselves, and the prospective animal, into a bad situation.
    I really wish people would not go parading around with retics hanging off of them. It gives the newbie the idea that all of them are going to be easily managed.
    And boy would they be in for a surprise!

2. chondros4algenon

chondros4algenon New Member

i never really dealt with retics. i have always wanted to stay away from the gargantuan breeds of snakes...too much 'what if'...anyone deal with dwarf retics? could that be an option for you?

3. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

I've been researching dwarf retics, the one thing I've heard about them is they can often times be more fiesty than a bigger version, though each animal has it's own personality! The important thing is making sure you know what size it will get--most of the morphs of dwarfs had to be bred back to big retics to get the color, so a lot of them still get to be 15 feet or so! If you know the size of the parents and know the percentages you're more likely to get a snake that will stay at a smaller 6-10 foot size. But always be prepared of course if you get any mix of dwarf/regular retic!

Super dwarfs are just a smaller locality species! But they are still very strong animals, though I know I would feel safer with one than a full sized animal!