This Disappears When Logged In

I Think My King Snake Has a Problem

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by Lampropeltisgetulacalif, Mar 9, 2011.

1. dylanaxel55

dylanaxel55 Member

i only said it can prevent, provides more activity. and yeah some do have to learn that way i did with my brothers snake when i was young thats why i want mine to be perfect i later found out quite i few things i had done wrong :(
    Everyone one here is very nice and helpful

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

But it can't prevent a RI.
    It doesn't matter how big the tank is, or how active the snake is, if the conditions are wrong a RI WILL happen.

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

An RI is usually a result of improper temps or humidity, though they can also be a secondary infection spreading from another location (such as Stomatitis).

Cage size has little, if any, bearing on an RI, unless you consider that small cages are less likely to have an adequate heat gradient.

15 gallons is too small for almost any type of snake - Though your cage sounds like a Vision or Neodesha cage (both of which make larger models.)

Has your snake shed yet?

4. EVRiley

EVRiley Member

I agree with everyone, warm her up and get her a bigger enclosure, but warmer definately! Ever think about taking her to a vet as well to get a professional opinion? Good herp vets can be difficult to find but once a good one is found they are golden! Good luck with everything.