This Disappears When Logged In

I Stepped In It!

Discussion in 'Invertebrates General' started by LovetheBaruu, Jun 7, 2010.

1. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

A lovely teacher, at Jonathan's school, recieved the crawfish she ordered for their science unit. Apparently they were delivered late Thursday- as of this morning there are only 6, of the original 10, living. They arrived with tanks that look like 5 gallon critter keepers. They (the class) added pebbles to all of the tanks and a couple of small rocks to 2 of the tanks (4 tanks total). I came home and got:
    frozen peas and corn, tiny worms from the compost, duckweed and assorted goo from the pond (slipped and fell in the slime- the hardest I have fallen or laughed in awhile), and empty pots.
    I added aquarium gravel to the pots and sunk them for hides and taped black construction paper to 3 sides of each of the tanks.
    Anything else I should do?

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I have no idea but I laugh at your fall.:p

3. LovetheBaruu

I have found a home for them! The class is done with the unit at the end of the week and the crayfish will be spending the summer in a tank full of feeder minnows. With air and filter accomodations LOL.
    Liz- I am just so happy no one witnessed the fall and it wasn't, "Caught on tape!"

4. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Me too, not much help on the crawfish. But the other part of the story I could not resist posting on. Glad it was one of those falls that leave you laughing. Those are the best ones...LOL!

5. LovetheBaruu

There are bruise spots on each side of the laceration on my arm- makes it look like the tumble required stiches and may have been classified as "epic." It wasn't in real life but a girl can dream! The crayfish survived overnight and seemed to be doing much better today. I changed out 1/2 of the water and added a few bits of food.

6. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Darn, I didn't know you got hurt! That just takes away the funny part. Good faith of character though you still found away to laugh about it.