This Disappears When Logged In

I Shouldn't Have to Write This...

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Moshpitrockchick, Apr 1, 2011.

1. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope that woman gets what she deserves and then some. There is no justified reason to do that to an animal, no matter what kind of action they took. Bites and scratches come with the territory of caring for animals, and if a person does not realize that, they have no right to care for or sell one.

Again, I am so very sorry for you have to go through this. Please keep us informed about the follow through of the charges.

2. bballerbrad023

bballerbrad023 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss :( its a good thing she was reported for animal cruelty.. who would do such a thing! RIP Dizzy

3. Medium

Medium Elite Member

OH MY GOD!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! I am so frustrated to hear that!!! I thought she knew he could bite...DUH!! I am so sorry to hear that sweety!!! Very sad! I hope you do not blame yourself...hugzzzzz!

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Totally agree, she knew that upon getting him, not to mention she should have known what happens when they are in season! I hope he got her good! Too bad it was just the arm!

5. missamoe

missamoe Well-Known Member

That is ridiculous...I am so so sorry for you loss, that woman should not be left with animals of any kind...

6. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

I am sorry for your loss Lacey.

7. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

These were also my exact thoughts Lacey! Something sinister is afoot, and deserves a little more investigation! She had a buyer, and sold him for a huge profit.

I believe 'Dizzy' is still around, alive and well, just not where you can find him.

8. vega74

vega74 Elite Member

Sorry to hear that is so cruel. I don't know how people can do things like that to poor little creatures.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Well in all fairness. There are still people out there that believe, as was once accepted, that making a reptile cold just put it to sleep and it was a painless way to euthanize them.
    That has proven to not be the case!

10. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sorry guys but he wasn't sold. There is a lot more to the story that I am just not ready to discuss right now. I got the call minutes after he went into the freezer and she refused to let me take him out to take him to work and put him down.
    By the time her employee got into the store to remove him he was already deceased. She refused to turn his remains over to me because she knew that without the remains no one could prove that anything had happened.
    The employee refuses to corroborate my story and animal control says that if I can't produce any proof there is nothing they can do and she is just going to skate.

11. methos75

methos75 Elite Member

You should press charges of Animal Cruelty on her and have the store investigated, first thing I would do right now is call them and let them know of your intent to do so and also that due to the agreement to notify you first if he had to be given up, that your suing her based on your personal lost and breaking of a contractual agreement. I would also put a ad out in local papers and Craig's List, notifying people of what she did and that they should avoid doing business with her.

Sorry saw the rest of it, I would still keep pursuing this from a legal stand point. If you had an agreement that she give him over then she is bound by that to include his remains. I would also pursue this by placing ads as I stated to ruined her credibility in print.

12. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Sadly, by bad mouthing a business, primarily a business that deals with animals, it will increase business temporarily due to people thinking "Those poor animals need to be helped. I should go purchase some to save them!"

13. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

The only thing about mentioning a store or person to discredit them may be called slander if it can't be proven.

14. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And THAT would open Lacey up to a lawsuit!
    The whole thing just stinks!

15. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Yes this stinks to high HE- double hockey sticks!
    I was hoping that he was sold, :(.

16. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman Elite Member

Laws or no laws, I'd be half-tempted to put that woman in the hospital.

17. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Oh yea, she'd be met in the back alley of her store weekly by a bunch of hoodlums until her doors were locked!!
    RIP Dizzy~ Too bad you didn't rip her nose off :(