This Disappears When Logged In

I Shouldn't Have to Write This...

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Moshpitrockchick, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

But due to the impulsive decisions of an awful person I'm sad to say that my iguana Dizzy is no longer with us.
    After Dizzy bit me I decided to look into rehoming him if I could find a proper home for him since I wasn't around as much as I would like to be and I was afraid it was effecting his moods.
    I found a very nice lady via craigslist who was begging me to take him into her pet shop to be a mascot and to set an example as to why iguanas aren't the best family pets. I thought this was a great arrangement, he's educational, he's well cared for, I can see him anytime and if anything came up and she needed to get rid of him she agreed I could take him and decide his fate.
    Fast forward 9 months to last night. I get a call from a friend that he's in season and apparently nipped her on the arm so she told her employee to put him into the freezer where he died what I can only believe to be an agonizingly painful death (according to everything I've read) and then she refused to turn his remains over as well. I work in a vet clinic, she knew this and she could have had him euthanized humanely and she took the spiteful approach and took her anger out on him. She knew he bit me and still she let her guard down and he paid the ultimate price.
    I am heart broken and cannot believe I trusted my beloved pet to such an awful person.

RIP Dizzy

p51266615-3.jpg

She has been reported for animal cruelty. Anyone who is going to act impulsively and make an animal suffer should not be running a petstore.

Attached Files:

2. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Oh...my... I can't imagine how you feel. That's just terrible and cruel. I am so sorry.. You gave him such a wonderful life, I'm sorry she had to end it like she did! I'm glad you reported her, that is awful. There are just no words..

3. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

I am so sorry for your loss :( it is very hard when we trust someone wioth our pets only to find out they are awful people.

I have been in a similar situation with the reptile"rescue" that I use to volunteer for, I found the owner was putting animals that she could not make $$ on in the freezer so she did not have to care for them.

4. Vitina

Vitina Elite Member

I'm so sorry! That is so mean! Iguana's can't help but not be perfect! they shouldn't be frozen to death for it though!

5. Duskeva

Duskeva Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Dont beat yourself up about it though. You did what you believed was best for Dizzy and had no idea the owner could be that crule. RIP Dizzy <3

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Oh No! That is just awful, I can't believe that she would do such a cruel thing:mad:
    I am so sorry that this horrible thing happened to Dizzy and I know that you must be so angry, and hurt. :((( I feel so bad for you and your Dizzy, this lady should never be able to own or care for any animal ever again.
    I'm sick to my stomach! Hopefully she will get what she deserves one day.

Again, I am so sorry that this happened!:(

RIP Dizzy!

7. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Oh no! How horrible! I am so sorry! :,( I hope she pays for what she did!

8. Spyral

Spyral Elite Member

I'm terribly sorry that such a tragedy befell Dizzy. I can't imagine why she would have done something so horrible.

RIP Dizzy. :(

9. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Oh my goodness:(((, I am so sorry to hear this. Seems like just yesterday that you made the decision to find Dizzy a new home, and I remember how it seemed like such a wonderful opportunity for him.
    It sickens me to know that there are people out there like her that can be so hateful/spiteful/evil.. As you stated, she knew you worked in a vet clinic and CERTAINLY, Dizzy deserved a LOT better than being shoved into a freezer.

I'm so glad that you reported her, (and keep in mind, even if she doesn't have any legal ramifications, "what goes around comes around"...and I have no doubt she will indeed pay for what she has done.)
    Again, I am so sorry to hear this. R.I.P. Dizzy

10. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

I'm so sorry Lacey. The site's software won't allow me to put in words what I'm thinking right now.
    People like that have no business being around animals, let alone owning a pet store. I hope you put the word around about this disgrace.

RIP Dizzy. xxx

11. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

That is such horrible news! I'm so sorry to hear this. :(

12. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

I can't believe people, that is a hard story to read. I hope everything goes well in court and she is shut down over this.

13. Max713

Max713 Elite Member

That is just disgusting... I am so sorry...

14. kdalecubano

kdalecubano Active Member

I am very sad to hear this.....at first I was thinking why in the **** didn't you press charges and then I read the bottom. You should post adds on craigslists and in the paper about her behavior and why she shouldn't be running a pet store. That way she is forced to go out of business.

Sorry for your loss.

15. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

I am so sorry Lacey! I literally had to go for a walk because that made me so angry! I hope you guys have great laws protecting animals there, and I hope she is prosecuted/charged fully. I would just LOVE to throw the book at her! (our laws here are woefully behind)
    I just cannot imagine doing what she did out of anger for that animal. I believe in defending yourself but I wouldn't even conceive of killing anything!! I want to write more powerful words if you get my meaning but I am sure the sensors would make it look like rubbish,lol.
    RIP Dizzy.
    Please don't beat yourself up too much about it. Use this to try to educate people, make it into a positive thing so Dizzy didn't die in vain. I don't know I am probably not helping much I just feel terrible!

16. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Lacey I am so sorry to hear this! Thats terrible!
    But on a side thought,...how reliable is the source of your info?
    The fact that she refused to give you the remains is odd.
    Is it possible that she sold him?

17. ksola

ksola Elite Member

My first thought was I hope he got a good bite in! That is terrible that someone would do that to a lizard, he didnt chose to be out of his enviroment. I am sorry for your loss and my first thought.

18. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Again Lacey. I'm so sorry. :(

19. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

That's horrible!

Holy cow, someone needs to lock that lady in a freezer. When you work with animals, getting bitten is an occupational hazard. We cannot change their nature, they are what they are, and we can't try to humanize them. It doesn't work that way. Maybe it's just me, but I don't hold animals accountable for their nature just because I happen to not like it. Killing him isn't going to change the nature of Iguanas, nor undo the bite. All it did was prove that she is a petty, cruel, person with a skewed view of reality.

Karma is a nasty mistress when you make her angry - I hope she gets what's coming to her.

20. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

How very sad. RIP Dizzy.