This Disappears When Logged In

I Should Have Given Him a Different Name!!!

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by JSqueezer, Dec 20, 2013.

1. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

I love the Jungle Carpet Python. His name is Squeezer Augustus, though I call him Skinny. Skinny is an awesome snake. He loves hanging around with you... but I seriously should have called him Sir Poops A Lot!!! Dear Neptune this snake has to have his enclosure cleaned every couple of days! Is this normal for a JCP??? He seems fine, very alert (well as alert as a snake can be I guess), incredibly docile and absolutely loves hanging out with us. The only this is I feel like I'm constantly cleaning up after him. It's a fairly solid mass, not runny and gross, so it really isn't a big deal... it just seems like he can't have a clean enclosure for more than a couple of days. He's still quite young... does this have anything to do with his frequent pooping?

2. Majora

Majora Elite Member

I've never had a carpet python, but one of my ball pythons is the same way. Even if he goes off food he continues to poop every few days, and when he eats he poops 48 hours later like clockwork. My other snakes all seem to go randomly. My ball is older though, he's about seven. So really, I have no idea. Lol