This Disappears When Logged In

I Saw The Loch Ness Monster!!!

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by smallgrayfox, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

lol, awesome pics! :)

2. geckoguykc

geckoguykc Elite Member

I know last weekend I was at the river and found two headless carcasses :( , cruel stuff, the softshells around here are neat to they have a yellow color with black spots, once I found five babies basking up on the beach and managed to catch one, got bit but it was worth it, his shell was just about three inches across :D

3. topacelot

topacelot Elite Member

very cool...great pics and glad the right person came across her

4. __Leo Gurl__

__Leo Gurl__ Elite Member

I'm glad your found her! One time my grandpa was taking me to preschool (I can't belive I can remember back then) and we were on a bridge and had to stop suddenly, there was a little turtle on the road! We took him in and I kept him for a couple of days, then we released him into the lake that was next to the bridge. I named him speedy because he was pretty fast. All the kids at preschool loved him. :p

5. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

That's cool, _Leo Gurl_ :)

My husband suspects the fishermen eat or sell the softshells for food too....what do you think?

6. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

I think that would make the actions of the fisherman easier to understand, but it is not likely. That would make too much sense.

7. Dee

Dee Elite Member

What a cutie... it's too bad that they get destroyed for natural behavior... oddly enough, cruelty seems to be a natural HUMAN behavior. :confused: Never could understand people like that.

8. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

I agree...cruelty seems to come so naturally to a lot of people :(

9. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

Awsome! Thank hevan you got it out of the road. We need people like you to save turtles on the streets. Nice pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.