This Disappears When Logged In

I Need Help

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by Iggysmommie, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

I was using a 100w Fluckers sun spot UVB bulb for my Ig and it burnt out this morning. I can order new ones in a week. 40 online vs. 70 in stores... So it will take like a week to get here. I need a stand by for 2 weeks is there a type of bulb I can buy at like lowes that will get me by for the 2 weeks it will take for new bulbs to get here? I have decided on getting the powersuns since they seem better but I need a fix for a bit. any advice?

2. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

walmart has heat bulbs for 6 bucks that can keep C warm for a little while. as for UVB is there any way she can get sunlight? I can't think of a good alternative for a temporary fix. hope I half helped. sorry about your bulb you remind me that I should go ahead and order a back up soon!

3. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Indeed! Natural sun is the best free uvb you can get!!

4. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

I agree with sunlight being the best but the one problem is I work graveyard shift and I sleep most of the day. Sun thru Tues I can take her out but not the rest of the week. I thought about the walmart bulbs and ran and got her one last night. I went into work and the servers went down so I got to come home early. I guess a couple of days without uvb wont be enough to hurt her, maybe just throw her off of food a bit.