This Disappears When Logged In

I made out like a bandit

Discussion in 'Shows and Expos' started by furryscaly, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Man, did I spend way too much at the Hamburg show or what? Almost $400! The guys I went with spent more though, but came home with less animals, as they bought some pricey snakes. Anyway, I figured I'd post my list. Pics will come, I already took them using my friend's camera. I just need to get his USB cable so I can post them.

REPTILES
    -Ophisaurus attenuatus?: unidentified legless/glass lizard
    -Gekko ulikovskii: golden gecko
    -Gekko vittatus: white-lined gecko/ skunk gecko/ striped gecko
    -Ptychozoon kuhli: flying gecko

AMPHIBIANS
    -Agalychnis callidryas: red-eyed leaf frog/ red-eyed tree frog
    -Litoria infrafrenata: white-lipped tree frog/ Indonesin giant tree frog
    -Phrynohyas imitatrix: milky cave frog/ milky tree frog/ Brazilian milky frog/ panda frog/ cave dwelling tree frog
    -Leptopelis vermiculatus: big-eyed tree frog/ peacock tree frog
    -Hyperolius sp: unidentified reed frogs (3, but they were sick and all died)
    -Polypedates leucomystax: golden gliding frog/ banana frog/ striped tree frog
    -Ceratophrys ornata: ornate horned frog/ "pacman frog"
    -Phrynomerus bifasciatus- red banded rubber frog/ fire walking frog
    -Smilisca baudinii- Mexican tree frog (already dead, possibly from the phorid flies)
    -completely unknown "Vietmanese tree frog"

INVERTS
    -Cardisoma armatum: rainbow land crab/ indigo crab/ tricolor crab/ patriot crab/ Nigerian moon crab
    -Gromphadorhina portentosa: Madagascan hissing cockroach
    -Eublaberus prosticus: orange-head cockroach
    -Archispirostreptus gigas: African giant black millipedes (2)
    -Blaberus giganteus- giant cave cockroach
    -Blaberus discoidales: discoid cockroach
    -Baculum extradentatum: Vietnamese stick insect
    -Hadrurus arizonensis: desert hairy scorpion
    -Parabuthus liosoma: black-tipped spitting scorpion
    -Coremiocnemis sp?: "Asian birdeater tarantula"
    -Stasismopis robertsi?: red trapdoor spider

I can't believe some of the deals I got! The glass lizard was only $12! Unfortunately, my room's having some trouble with phorid flies, and I think they killed my mexican tree frog :( The reed frogs I bought turned out to be very sick, and all died within 2 days. On the plus side though, the rest are doing great. The white-lipped tree frog looks excellent, and the flying gecko has already shed for me. The golden is a little thin, but looks good. None of the reptiles had mites, I made sure to compare individuals before I bought them, and since I was there so early, I think I got some of the healthiest ones.

oo, I also saw Matt DC there! That was cool, because I've never met anyone from the forums before. lol, I was very conspicuous. I wore a sleevless shirt, exposing my tattoo, plus I had HERPCENTER.COM on my left arm in pen, and VENOMLIST.COM on my right, lol. My shirt and pants were covered in drawings too. lol, still, out of all that, it was my plain old black Nike hat that Matt identified me with.

2. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Frogs have always intrigued me. Maybe once I get Sean settled, maybe I'll become selfish and take a leap into frogs. Really hope there are some millipedes this weekend at the show I’m going to. Those were my favorites last time around.

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Wow Matt that is quite a list, lol...Cant wait to see pics :p,,just think of all those names you have to come up with :D

4. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

So far I named the land crab Malignant (get it?) and the RELF Relf. I might name the geckos after mythical beasts or something. Lots of names to come up with, that's for sure.

5. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

Ok Matt. Now I don't EVER want to hear another word about how many herps I have. Actually, I think you scored fantastically. But that must be one enormous closet on the base or do you have space somewhere that we don't know about. Huh huh??:D

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Fran I was just wondering the same thing. Matt does your CO know you have all this stuff?

7. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I'm figuring CO is Commanding Officer? I'm not really sure, we don't use that term in the AF, must be Army. My supervisor and Dorm management know about the critters though. I think technically they're not allowed, but they've seen my set ups and don't mind. They liked my garter snake when I had her.

Yeah, our rooms have pretty decent sized closets. Although I don't recommend others trying it, I also keep most of my amphibs in community tanks very successfully, which saves space cause there's less separate tanks. Right now everyone's in their own quarantine enclosures though.

8. jmherp

jmherp Elite Member

Lol Fran, that was just an ADDITION to this list shown here on this page lol...

http://www.freewebs.com/furryscaly/mypets.htm

He's got to hold the record on the site for the most species kept....

9. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY Elite Member

Matt you sound like I do on expo day. dress totally different then I normally do to incorparate as many herp related jewelry and clothing as I can

10. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

wow that is alot of stuff!!! can't wait to see some pics. :)

11. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Actually, that list was outdated before I even went to the show. I need to update that :p

12. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Wow Matt...you got ALOT of new critters..congrats!! :) and I cant wait to see pics either!!

13. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I really want to see pictures of your closet....there is no way in heck I could fit all of that stuff into my closet!

14. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I have 2 closets. They take up the whole back of my room, with space between them for a window and AC unit. Both have double sliding doors. One's nothing but bugs, and the other has my uniforms and herps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.