This Disappears When Logged In

I lost my snake

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Dark_Jedi, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi

Dark_Jedi Member

Mates I have a biiiig problem with my new snake (and my first!). I've lost it inside my house! What can I do to attract it from wherever it hides? I've tried to put a mouse but nothing happened. Any help would be appreciated.

2. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Put a heat pad on the floor in the corner of the room it was in and put a hiding place on it (it can be a simple small cardboard box upside down.)
    Sit quietly in the room and listen; sometimes you can hear it moving. Look EVERYWHERE... under the framework of chairs and bedframes, etc. Inside shoes, inside hanging clothes in the closets.
    Good luck! :)

3. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

it is most likely in the last place you would expect to find it. and not just on the floor either. snakes are able to climb and some have been found in curtains or curled up around curtain rods, up on bookshelves or on high shelves of closets. any place your snake could fit he might try to go, inside any vents or inside stereo systems, behind desks and all types of furniture. try to make sure it doesn't have access to getting outside.

sometimes if you wait at night you may hear it moving too. i too would suggest putting a heat source on the floor somewhere because the snake will most likely be looking for a warm place to go.

also make sure you check everything inside the cage and all around the cage. sometimes depending on the size of the snake it hasn't left the enclosure at all, its just hiding under or inside of something.

hope you find your snake. good luck! :)

4. Dark_Jedi

Dark_Jedi Member

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION. I owe you guys.I hope i find my snake. i'll let you know when i find it. thanks again mates.:)

5. DarkMagician207

it may take some time but don't give up. there have been cases where people have found their snakes weeks after they thought they'd never find them again. i'm sure you will you'll just have to be patient and keep checking. also if you think he could be anywhere else in the house look there as well.

6. Dark_Jedi

Dark_Jedi Member

although i searched by puting a heat pad on my couch but i din't find anything. :-( i'll try again.it is very young and flexible... can the snake spot the heat pad if it is a little far? i wonder: if i get a new same snake(lampropeltis california) will they live together when i find the first one?

7. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Nope, snakes are solitary, just be patient, people lose snakes in the summer and have them show back up the next spring all the time.

8. DarkMagician207

not a good idea. some snakes, like kingsnakes, will eat other snakes including their own type. if you put them together you'd only end up with one snake.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Lampropeltis are kingsnakes. They eat other snakes!

10. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Put the heat pad on the floor. The snake will sense the heat; but it might be easier for him if it's on the floor and not up on a higher surface.

11. Knox

Knox Elite Member

I lost a Milk Snake about 5 months ago. Never found it regardless of what I did - heat pads, hides, mice under hides on the heat pads. Some of them just never get found.

I am still bummed about that little snake!

12. Dark_Jedi

Dark_Jedi Member

mate i've just bought a milk snake and when i find my old one i'll buy a new terrarium.i love them but the new one,the milksnake is very wild..is it the kind that matters or it is the fact that back in the petshop they hadn't put it out for weeks?

i'm surpised although because of what mostpickrockikc said for snakes! can they be found one the next spring?! that gives me hope i guess...

and i'm sorry about your little snake man...

13. DarkMagician207

milksnakes can be on the wiggly and wild side especially if he's not used to being handled and he's in a new place. thats just the way they are. :)

and yes its possible to lose a snake and have it show up many months later.

14. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

Snakes have perfected the art of escaping the habitat you spent two weeks one making "escapeproof" if there is a weakness, the'll find it. I lost a baby ball python that way.

15. Ollie

Ollie Elite Member

I just wanted to add BE CAREFUL about reclining chairs and couches, i lost my ball one time and i found his curled up in the springs...i don't want to think of what might have happened might i reclined!! so sorry about him :-(

16. Dark_Jedi

Dark_Jedi Member

mates i found him!!! he went under some pillows that i put after i lost the snake!! now i have a milksnake,a kingsnake and a baby red-tailed boa!! and all this the last month! before that i had never touched a snake! they are awesome!

17. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

congrats on finding him!

18. Dark_Jedi

Dark_Jedi Member

one more question: how can i put pictures to my profile?

19. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

i think you have to get a certain number of posts before you can do that.

20. redtailnamedjade

redtailnamedjade Elite Member

my friend lost his BP in my other buddies car last fall. about a week later my friend was working on the car and monty (python) climbed out of the ventilation! i have faith for yours too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.