This Disappears When Logged In

I Lost My Baby Red Tail Boa! Help!!

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by Michelle117, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Michelle117

Michelle117 New Member

Around 2 am this morning I accidentally fell asleep on my couch while holding my 4-5 month old baby red tail boa, Khaleesi.
    I awoke an hour later and she was gone. Ive looked everywhere I can think to look. Im so worried.
    Ive read a few thing online on how to find her. But on every single post it says its normal for a lost snake to stay lost for weeks, to months, to years. Im so worried, i cant stop crying.
    Any help on where to look or how to catch her would be greatly appreciated. I love her so much, i dont want her hurt!!

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Look down in the couch. They are often found close to where they disappeared.

3. Michelle117

Michelle117 New Member

I did. I used scissors and just straight up cut the back of the couch. Ive moved the fridge and stove. Ive practically torn the house apart looking for her. I dont know what to do.

4. Garters45

Garters45 Well-Known Member

Check any dark areas, warm areas, or small crevices. You can also set her cage on its side, and if you feed her frozen food, set it inside. She will most likely climb in for security. I once lost a nice sized skink for several weeks before it was found climbing a screen door. She will probably be okay. Are there any areas she can squeeze through to get outside? Make sure you close them if so. Good luck and keep us updated!

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Lie down on the floor. There are many little nooks and crannies in our homes that we don't even think about from our normal vantage point.
    How big is the snake?

6. Michelle117

Michelle117 New Member

Will do!

7. Michelle117

Michelle117 New Member

I wanna say a foot and a half in length, and the thickest part of her body is only an inch in diameter.

8. Garters45

Garters45 Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised what they can fit through. I had a tiny quarter of an inch wide garter snake in a container with slats so small you could barely fit two fingernails through. He squeezed through it in five minutes. Crazy, and I just couldn't believe it, no matter how hard I tried. Absolutely insane.

Gk

9. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

If you can't find her the best bet is to put a live mouse in a 10 gallon tank with a screen top (or similar setup) on the floor in the middle of the room. Turn off the lights and check back every 30 minutes or so. Just make sure the lid is secure iver the mouse, the idea is to lure out the snake, not just provide an easy meal then have her disappear again.