This Disappears When Logged In

I keep forgetting to ask.....

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by MIke_Haare, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

OK, My mom's friend has a leopard geckos and she said it's foot got shirlivled (that is spelled wronge)up then he/she bit it of and it grew back just it has no claws,This is weird

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Maybe it had some shed stuck to it, and he bit the shed off...I don't think feet grow back.

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Agree Jay,,, the tail will regenerate but the feet ??

4. lola

lola Elite Member

certainly the feet do not grow back.

i had a leo, afflack, that recently had infections in his feet. i had to take him to the vet all the time for antibiotic injections. he had some unshed skin around his toes and i didn't notice (bad me!) and it started getting all red and it was already infected before i knew it...didn't take long...

...he lost a bunch of toes, but some of them just scabbed over on the ends and when they healed up the scabs fell off revealing almost perfect looking toes, just no claws. maybe that is what happened? i dunno...

and of course, the toes he lost have never and will never grow back.

lola

5. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

well see it did grow back so...That's kinda weird

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    The Leos foot and toes didn't grow back. Leos can regenerate, but that is only in relation to the tail. Once they lose a foot or toes, they will not regenerate. It is physically impossible.
    If the Leo did indeed regenerate a foot, she should have it brought down to the vet so they can take some blood and find out how this happened. Physically, what you are suggesting can not happen and this would end up being a scientific anomaly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.