This Disappears When Logged In

I Have an Infestation Want the Safest Way to Be Rid of It

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by tiffers, May 4, 2012.

1. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Hahahaha! That's one of the best posts I've read in a while. I even showed it to hubby.

Why can't you keep them with your son?

2. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

He is VERY "hands on" and we would end up in the emergency department for spider bites. I would much rather he get bitten by snakes than a venomous spider, (I know, they all have venom) but preferably no black widows or brown recluses. Of course, as with anything, once you know something about your target animal you loose the "fear factor" and move on to fascination. Maybe when he gets a couple years older...

3. BarelyBreathing

And that's exactly why I keep my spiders in locked enclosures on the top shelf. :)

4. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Yeah, pretty much the same reason my burms and boas are in locked cages. I may get some someday- after I TRY to talk the wife into it. She is definitely NOT into creepy crawlies. :(

5. BarelyBreathing

Bribery. :-"

6. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

So far I have yet to see a "adult" spider seen a bunch of babies tho. Found an insecticide that is "safe" for pets and babies. Still not using it near the reptiles only in the bathrooms... Have glue traps set and the out side of the house is protected by insecticide will keep yall updated

Snapbucket :: Snapbucket picture by tiffaruu - Photobucket

Found this guy just now he met his untimely demise from the steam mop... Pic isn't that great

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

That guy is as dead as they get! :)

8. BarelyBreathing

I want LIVE pictures! Muwahahahahaha.

9. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

Haven't found a live one we have been killing them so far soon as we see them he was behind my toilet and I didn't see him till I flipped the mop over

10. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Farm supply stores will also carry it (for de-worming livestock) as well as some health-food stores (for de-worming people). Anyways, if you get the food-grade stuff, it won't matter what gets into it. It'll kill inverts, and de-worm your babies. pretty safe stuff.

Mud dauber wasps are natural spider hunters.... think twice next time you feel the urge to swat one, lol.

11. jarich

jarich Elite Member

Almost died from a brown recluse bite when I was a child, still have the scars on my leg to prove it. They're too small to be much fun as pets in my opinion. Widows and wolfs are much more fun, and Ts are just awesome by comparison. Now if you want a really challenging big spider, try an Australian Hunstman. As big as a T, but SUPER fast! They used to come into my basement in Oz all the time. Its the only time a spider came after me when I tried to catch it, instead of running away. Nasty tempers on them. :D

12. BarelyBreathing

You were in Australia?

13. jarich

jarich Elite Member

Yep, lived in Brisbane for awhile. Awesome how much wildlife there is just running about there.

14. BarelyBreathing

That's really cool. Can I bother you for a photo thread of your time there?

By the way, there's so much wildlife running around here, but we're so used to it we don't even notice. :(

15. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

Dragonness I never kill mud daubers I just haven't seen any around here in a while

so far we have found one live adult spider since I started my war and it was a random crab spider not one of the recluses... I got bit but something unsure if it is a mosquito or not my uncle said when he got bit it started off feeling like a mosquito bite and then started to rot so we r monitoring it closely I will keep y'all updated

16. jarich

jarich Elite Member

One of the many places I've been where I should've kept a better photo account. I'm famous for packing my camera and then never getting it out of my bag. (Maybe why I'm marrying a cinematographer?!) Anyway, found a brown snake and a box jelly my first day there. Unbelievable number of things that can kill you over there just wandering around!