This Disappears When Logged In

I Have an Infestation Want the Safest Way to Be Rid of It

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by tiffers, May 4, 2012.

1. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

So brown reculses have been popping up in my house with more and more frequency I would call an exterminator but that is so much chemicals and I am afraid it would remain for far too long so my question is if I were to attack the likely spidey hides holes with a can of raid and a vacuum ( nowhere near my reptiles) would it still affect them or is there a safer way to rid my self of these creepers that wouldnt hurt my babies

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I would by a bunch of glue traps, those are not something you want to have infesting your home.

3. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

Didn't even think of those... Good idea still vacuuming every single one see too lol

4. justor

justor Elite Member

Glue traps work well, you could try taping over these holes if they're on your wall.

The "infestation" is likely a natural seasonal occurance. At my old house out in the desert there would be swarms of wolf spiders showing up every year around this time, and by the end of summer there would hardly be any anywhere.

p.s. make sure you're checking your bedsheets before going to bed, and your shoes before you put your feets in them. That is when you stand the best chance of getting bit, and you don't want to get bit by these things. ;)

5. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

I have no tips to offer other than the above, but I do have a request for pictures! :D

6. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

Pics of the spiders? I cantry I hate them I had to deal with them and widows and wolf spiders growing up so the bed sheets and clothes and bath towels are being constantly checked

7. Komododragon12

Komododragon12 Elite Member

Brown Recluses are pretty dangerous I here, especially if you have the allergy that makes your skin look like its melting away when they bite you. I have a spider infestation in my room... I've never really done anything about it though... I would keep vacuuming and use justor's method. :)

8. BarelyBreathing

Yeah, pictures of the spiders. I love spiders.

9. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

Lol barely if u want I will let you have em

10. Komododragon12

I find them a little creepy... especially really bog ones. Not like tarantulas, but the really weird, big abnormal looking ones. With the long legs. = (

11. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Good luck, hope you catch them all.

Find out where/how they are getting in and cover up any cracks outside. Better to get them now, then when the babies hatch!

12. BarelyBreathing

I'll take! I actually used to keep them as pets. Now I just keep widows.

13. Komododragon12

14. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

You keep poisonous spiders barelybreathing? Holy cow. I'm petrified of spiders. :eek:

Can you find someone to keep your animals until the chemical smell leaves? Brown Recluse's are not something to mess with.

15. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

You can also use diatomaceous earth. If any insects or arachnids come into contact with it they will desiccate (shrivel up and die).

16. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

Aja do you know where to find the diatanacious earth?

17. justor

justor Elite Member

I believe you can get diatomacious earth from any home & garden store, I've seen it at pool supply stores too.

18. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

Awesome

19. BarelyBreathing

Yeah, I keep spiders and other random creepies.

20. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

BB, you are obviously a woman after my own heart!! I LOOOOOOVVE spiders and scorpions and other creepy crawlies too. Can't keep them because of my son, but I can live vicariously through folks like you--- (tell your husband I am absolutely NO THREAT. I am old, fat and ugly- plus I have veen married for almost 25 years and I have a 5 year old son). ;)