This Disappears When Logged In

I have a question!!!!

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by Locklynn, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Locklynn

Locklynn Elite Member

What is this little guy?? I found him roaming in my room....I didn't buy him. No clue where he came from. He's a little cutie...but what is he. I assumed he's a sand boa but wasn't sure. The dime in the pic is for reference to see how small he really is. Thanks for all the help.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Locklynn

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Looks like a sand boa to me. He just appeared in your room ?? do you have roomates with herps ?

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It's a Kenyan Sand Boa from Africa!
    Definately NOT a Colorado native!
    Looks a bit thin and dehydrated.

4. Locklynn

Locklynn Elite Member

I think someone in the same building as me might've lost it....if i see or hear anything about one missing i'll return him but until then i'll tend to him. What would he eat he's so tiny? i was rearranging my room actually when i found him...he was behind my filing cabinet. he's been drinking water since i found him.

5. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Sounds like fate to me, :p this little guy found his way to your room, and for you to find him, people normally lose them lol, how weird is that, hes a cute little thing, :D

6. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

He should be able to take a small pinky with no problem (f/t if possible).
    He definitely showed up at the right place. lol

7. venus

venus Founding Member

Wow, that is so cool, nothing cool like that ever happens to me. lol. Good luck and keep us posted.

8. Locklynn

Locklynn Elite Member

No kidding few months ago I lost a snow corn and still haven't found him....I have yet to loose hope. And now I find this lil guy. What are the odds?!?

9. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

WOW! What luck! He's beautiful! I hope you get to keep him...he sure wandered into the right place, didn't he?

10. Merlin

Maybe he showed up as a replacement? :cool:

11. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I wish something like him would wander into MY house.... *sigh*....
    A really small pinkie mouse and a good long soak in warm water will do wonders for the little guy!
    He's so cute:)

12. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

how beautiful. i'm sure you'll get him back to good in no time. hope he does well for you. :)

13. Ace

Ace Elite Member

awsome

It has got to be fate no other way to explain it! :D

14. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Yeah, thats a sand boa! Weird. I wish exotic snakes would just wander into my room. I wish any snakes would wander into my room! Hope he eats ok for you.

15. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Can we have an update locklynn?

16. tcbphoto

tcbphoto Member

Eryx colobrinus loveridgei is the the sub species known as the Kenyan Sand Boa. This particular sub species is typically orange in color with black spots and hails from such places as Kenya and Tanzania. He should be able to handle a pinky mouse with no problems and will work up pretty quick to a pinky rat. The breed is usually pretty docile. Expect a male to grow to about 2 feet or a female to 3 feet. Probably someones' lost or escaped pet, but it found the right home. Definitely a keeper.

17. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

Wishing that snakes come wandering into my room?!?! I think you are all crazy! =)

Nevertheless, I think that little snake win the lottery. Some other person would just get rid of it no matter what!

18. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Not too many people on this site Ricardo!!! I'd rather find a live snake in my room than a diamond ring! :D

Congrats on finding the little guy, Locklynn! Give us some updates on how he recovers.

19. Merlin

And your point being....? ;)

20. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

... err... that I'm the only sane person in this thread? =)
    On the other hand, that's highly subjective. if I'm only one thinking differently, then maybe you all are sane and I'm the only one crazy ;)

If I ever find a snake in my room, don't die from a fulminate simultaneous aneurism and heart stroke before I could even gasp my surprise, I will let you know! =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.