This Disappears When Logged In

I got impetuous

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus' started by BrownFoundling, Jan 9, 2015.

1. BrownFoundling

BrownFoundling Established Member

Ever since I started raising the brown anole hatchling that I found on the floor in the grocery store house plants area, I have been reading this forum. I really know that the best practice is to have the habitat set up *before* you acquire an animal. Really I do. But today I ended up putting the cart before the horse and this little guy or gal came home with me this morning

The next to last picture was taken through the side of the plastic bin that it temporary housing. The last picture shows that bin sitting on top of the 55 gallon tank I found on Craigslist this afternoon for $20. My thought is that this is likely to be the first of several cresteds. I certainly will have the space for a male and a small harem. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I'm off to go get a couple pieces of plexiglass cut for the top of the tank. Then I hope the little one will not freak out if they only have a corner of that big space that has dense cover. I'm going to have paper towel as the substrate to begin with. After my new friend gains some size I am likely to go to a fully planted setup like I have for my brown anole, Gervase. I am somewhat reluctant to invest in a whole bunch of artificial plants just to replace them in a few months with real ones. But at the same time I don't want the little one to be stressed more than being moved to a new environment will cause..

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

As much as we all know better, most of us are guilty of this same crime, lol.

3. BrownFoundling

He or she came from a PetSmart where the worker who usually handled the reptile care was very attentive and really did seem to know her stuff. It felt like she was checking to be sure I could be entrusted with one of her wards while I was asking her questions to try to ascertain the quality of care that the reptiles received. I think we both passed.

Looking at the morph guides I think I would call this an orange tiger. The other that he or she was housed with was very nearly a solid reddish brown with some subtle lighter red mottling along the sides and a single cream splotch on the tail. That one was tempting, but I fell for the boldness of this one's patterning.

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

It is a pretty little guy/gal. Not that I have ever seen an ugly Crestie though.

BrownFoundling likes this.
  5. BrownFoundling

I think I finally came up with a name that I will be happy with for either a male or female. Jasper. Especially in the dim light I had on in my room when I saw her/him out and about last night the coloration and markings reminded me of some of the types of jasper I have seen.