This Disappears When Logged In

I got her!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by jacky, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Finally I got Nikita home! She really is a beauty,but I couldn't watch her for long; as soon as I put her in her new home,she went hiding.She's been there now for about 5 hrs now,I guess she needs some peace and quiet after her stressful day!
    I'm very happy to have her but I'm also a bit annoyed with the guy I got her from;he fed her a small rat today,on the day of her big move!! :eek:
    I have a feeling that this guy doesn't know a lot about snakes! Anyway,I think he loved her,because he said that he would like to visit her someday. Shows that he's got an interest in her well being,doesn't it,which is good. :)
    Well,I'm very excited and can't wait for her to get used to her new home and to climb about! She is almost 5'(!) long,and she was living in a not even 3' tank for a while. Now she got a 'monster' terrarium,lol!
    She's between 7-10 years old,nobody knows it for sure,which is a shame,really. I think I'm her 5th owner,but here she stays!! :)
    I had to travel with her on train and bus in the rush hour,and was always afraid that people notice my bag moving,like something from 'Alien',lol,because after one hour Nikita wanted to come out,she couldn't wait to be freed,lol.
    Well,I will leave her alone for about two weeks,and see how she's doing,and then I'll try to feed her.Fingers crossed that she will accept f/t! Wish me luck! :)
    By the way,for those who don't know: Nikita is a russian rat also called amur rat snake.

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Great news, I always love when an animal gets a permanent home.

3. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Oh,she will deffenetly be permanent!! I do hope she likes her new home!

4. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

Well.. maybe that will be your first present from her to you, a nice half digested rat! Yuck =P

That would be a show! =)

Congratulations!! Hope she makes herself at home in no time! And maybe she will. 5 owners later she must have a lot of experience =)

5. venus

venus Founding Member

Yay for Jackie!! I am so happy for you. Glad she is home and getting settled.

6. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I'm so happy for you Jacky !!!! I know you have been patiently waiting,,,,,,good luck

7. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Thanks guys! Yes,I waited exactly 4 weeks! I keep you posted how she's doing.

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm glad you finally got her home! She in good hands now.

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

glad she finally arrived! hope to see lots of pics after she settles in. :D

10. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Yippeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad she had a safe trip to her new home!:D

11. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Jacky,

Glad to hear that you finally got your snake. They are great pets! Good luck, and hope to see the pics soon.

Steve

12. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

Aww that's too cool. I'm glad your long wait is finally over. She'll settle in nicely and then you 2 can enjoy each other's company.

13. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Hooray! I'm so glad she's finally in her new home! I'm sure she'll be very happy with you :)

14. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Thanks so much, girls and boys! She is a sweetheart.This afternoon she came out of her hide and was inspecting her new home for a few minutes,had a drink and went to hide again.Right now she's watching me,lol.I can see her head.She's such a beauty!
    I talked to the lady from that snake store where Nikita was living for a year,before that guy got her,and she told me that she used to work with Nikita at schools,something like Jay does,so I believe that she will become a nice snake again,which doesn't bite when I clean her cage.The reason she started that,is, because that guy fed her inside her enclosure,which is not a good idea!
    I will leave her now for two weeks,and then I hope she will accept f/t rats!
    Oh,I love her,she is such a beauty. I was so pleased to hear that she always wanted to come out and didn't mind being held by so many diffrent children.Sounds she's got a great character,doesn't it?!
    I'm soo happy!! :D :)
    By the way,that guy I got her from had many snakes which he got rid of again after a short while;he had boas and pythons and now he thinks they are ****(!) Now he's got two more rat snakes ;poor babies. The guy also got a German Sheperd from animal shelter.He's got that dog now for a year and wants to bring him back to the shelter!This is so crazy,what this guy does with his animals.He's also a Nazi,I don't know what you call it in English,but here,a Nazi is someone who woreships Hitler and who's a rasist!!
    I was shocked when I heard this!

15. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

I think she'll be a wonderful snake, Jacky :)

It's awful the way that guy goes through animals! We call them Nazis here too if they follow Hitler's ideas...horrible that people can be that way. :(

16. rbl

I think it's a wide spread convention, the Third Reich make sure no one confuse them for someone else ;)

17. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Well,I don't really know what to do if he wants to visit Nikita.What would you do in that situation,would you let him in your house? Usually I'm not like that;but his 'hobby' scares me a bit.

18. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yes a Nazi and a racist is pretty much known the same the world over. I wouldn't even let the guy know where you live. Even without considering his choice of "politics" I would politely tell him to go play somewhere else. When he turned over the snake to the pet store he surrendered any "visitation rights", as if such a thing was even recognized.

19. rbl

Someone doesn't have to be a nazi to be a jerk so I wouldn't let that aspect gain the importance you are now giving. Besides, you could be wrong. The pet shop lady might have heard that from someone who heard that from someone who heard that from somebody (what a nice sentence =) )

The thing that I would be worried about is that flip-floping personality. Today I want a dog, tomorrow I don't want him anymore. Today I give you the snake, tomorrow I want it back!
    He wants to see the snake? Sure! You'll send him a photo through email!

20. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

That's priceless advise....lol....I love it !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.