This Disappears When Logged In

I finished my hermit crabitat!

Discussion in 'Invertebrates General' started by Paige, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paige

Paige Elite Member

I just bout two more today~before they died at the petstore like all the rest did! POOR THINGS!

here is the tank

[​IMG]

Here are my crabs

I got this one at the ocean (my first one) This is my largest~ HULK~He is checking out his new shell. It is a PP~purple pincher ha ha I learned this from a hermit crab site like this one>lol

[​IMG]

This is my medium PP I got acouple days ago

[​IMG]

And here is Matt (three years old) holding HIS crab, well they are all his, but I am taking care of them for him.

[​IMG]

These are the ones I got today. I am not sure what kind, maybe ruggies I think. I will know when the crab association people tell me>they know alot about hermit crabs..you should check out their setups for their crabs>cool =)

[​IMG]

and the same one walking around

[​IMG]

here is my tiny one> I didn't get a good pic of him yet, but here is one of his pincher =)

[​IMG]

Those are my hermit crabs. I think they are cute! See ya

side note~ I am still waiting on my bunny>ahhhhhhhh but this has kept my mind off it as much as possible.

2. kagerou

kagerou Elite Member

I love the enclosure, very nice.

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Very cute. Im diggin the enclosure

4. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

that is a pretty neat looking enclosure. thanks for sharing. :)

5. HerpO'Haulic

HerpO'Haulic Member

Very nice to see someone provides awesome enclosures for those little buggers.

6. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

Made me hungry..:D

I like how you didn't use colorful designs and helmets.. Nice enclosure as well, A+.

7. huhwhat

huhwhat Established Member

You have both fresh and salt water available, right? BTW - My guess on the one crab would be ruggie. The shape of the eyes gives it away.

It is one of the better crabitats I've seen.

8. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

You make some great set ups for your pets...you should be an interior designed who caters to animals in terreriums!

9. huhwhat

Just noticed something. Do you have a lid for that crabitat? If not, you need one. Crabs are little escape artists. Without a lid, they will go walkabout, eventually. Outside of their crabitat, they may not live long.

10. Paige

Paige Elite Member

hi! thanks everyone =) I do have a lid and both fresh and salkt water =) I still need a humidity guage though. My petsmart doesnt carry the Flukers anymore ( I really can't afford the $20 digital they have) Does anyone know where I can find one~on the cheap side?

I only seen one crab on the upper levels. The smaller crabs are out day and night, but my BIG HULK only comes out at night. thanks everyone!

11. huhwhat

I bought the digital temp/hygrometer for my FBT enclosure at Wal-Mart for @$6.00.

12. Paige

Paige Elite Member

I looked at walmart and only found the temperature stripes fpr 2 something and they are crap> I can hardly read it! I guess I will have to ask if they carry it. thanks

13. huhwhat

Look in the hardware department, not the pet area. They carry a whole variety of thermometers there. Also, they change stock on a seasonal basis, so they may not have them right now. Try hardware first, though.

14. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And the garden department there or at Lowes or Home Depot etc.

15. Paige

Paige Elite Member

whoa, no wonder I couldn't find it! Thanks very much. I will have to get on that right away!

16. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

you will find a lot of the things you will need at hardware/garden home improvement stores, at better quality, and considerable savings over the pet shop stuff!

17. Paige

Paige Elite Member

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.