This Disappears When Logged In

I finally got one!

Discussion in 'Hog Island Boas' started by Queen 'O Green, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen 'O Green

Queen 'O Green Elite Member

Oy vey! I'm very excited. I've wanted one of these beauties for what feels like forever, But Hog Island Boas are tough to get one's hands on and even tougher to pay for. Surprisingly enough a fellow on craigslist was selling his juvenile female for $100.00!! I was skeptical, but she turned out to be a beautiful girl, very healthy skin and a surprisingly good temperment. He warned me that she was nippy, which isn't surprising considering her age, but so far she has only gnawed on my friend once and she had just been handling a rat. I just can't find anything wrong with her, and it's be absolute torture leaving her alone to get used to her new surroundings. Ahhhh!

I was quite amused, however, when I went to go pick her up and found the previous owner using a huge snake hook to handle her. She's only about two feet long and hardly has enough teeth to make a scratch... not that she was trying too, but he seemed rather jumpy and was shocked when I reached out and picked her up off the hook with my hand. :rolleyes:

Anyway. Picks will come as soon as I feel comfortable taking her out a bit. Can't wait!

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Congrats!! I felt the same way when I broke down and bought the 2 pac man frogs I have! I wanted them forever but just never did buy them! How very exciting for you! I cant wait to see pics!, I bet she is a real beauty!:D

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Congrats Capri!!! Cant wait to see pics :)

4. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

thats awesome news! can't wait for some pics. :)

5. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Great news have fun with her!

6. HerpsinIN

HerpsinIN Member

I almost got a Hogg but decided to go with the woma instead. The hogg island is one of my next to get! Cant wait for the pics!

7. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

Wow. That's great. Sometimes things just work out well that way.

If he was that afraid of her, I'm glad he decided to find another home for her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.