This Disappears When Logged In

I Captured This

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Scarlet, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarlet

Scarlet Active Member

I captured this on camera no I did not take it out of the wild. The cute little critter was hanging out with me it was on the side of my house while I was sitting on the front porch. Just had to get it on camera. By the way can you tell me what kind of tree frog it is.

Attached Files:

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Looks like a copes gray tree frog to me.

3. venus

venus Founding Member

He's very cute :)

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm glad you didn't take him out of the wild. He's a really cute little guy -- I love the last picture. :)

5. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I wish I had cool stuff like that hanging on my house, lol.

6. Scarlet

Scarlet Active Member

I never take anything out of the wild because it could hurt the gene pool and the animal typically doesn't do well in captivity. I think he is living in my flower bed next to the air conditioning where the condensation drips. There is a lot of moisture and bugs to eat at night when he comes out and a lot of foliage for a safe place to hide. In the pics it looks like he was just waiting to pose for me. I hope it is a male so I can also listen to him vocalize.

7. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Cute little guy. Hopefully he/she will stick around. :)

8. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Liz is right. Definitely a gray tree frog, and judging by your location, most likely a Cope's gray tree frog, Hyla chrysoscelis. Nice find :)

9. Scarlet

Scarlet Active Member

Some more pics of my little friend. These are a little better since I was able to get them in the day light and get closer to the subject.

Attached Files:

10. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yup, those photos confirm it's a copes gray. Hope he hangs around. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.