This Disappears When Logged In

I am balling my eyes out

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Anolee, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anolee

Anolee Active Member

I love my herps. And I hate it when one dies that I have put my money into. I left friday afternoon for a trip to my almumautor (sp) and just got back from events of the day around 5:30pm. I am crying while I post this.

I checked on my beardies, they were fine and the light was on. I checked on my bp. He was out of his hide and his belly was up. I though "OH NO!!!!!" I went to pick him up and he was limp as a wet rag. I started crying.

I called SuperPetz and I talked to a Manager and being that its ONE day over the 14 day return policy, he said to bring it in tomorrow and they will do something for me. I am so sad. I dont want to do anything for the rest of the day. This day ****S.

2. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Oh my heart goes out to you.. I am so sorry for your loss. Do you know what may have happened? - was he showing any signs of illness or stress? I know what it's like to lose your animals, and there is nothing to soothe the pain right now, but know that we are all here for you.

3. Anolee

Anolee Active Member

Thanks Bitis. I really appreciate this forum and its support. I wish Venus was online (MSN) so that I could chat with her. I have no clue what caused it. :(

4. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Well if you ever need a chat, esp when you're so upset, feel free to IM me.. you'll find my usernames in my profile. I'm so sorry again to hear of your loss :( Your royal is over the rainbow with all of our pets who have left us for the better place.. keep smiling.

5. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I am so sorry for your loss, it must be heart breaking, my thoughts are with you...... :(

6. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

7. venus

venus Founding Member

Gosh Aaron, I am so sorry. he seemed fine when you left Friday and he had just eaten no long ago. I wonder what happened. Please let us know as soon as you find out. Sorry i wasnt there for you at the time my friend.

8. Inphormatika

Inphormatika Elite Member

I am very sorry for your loss. It always stinks when something like this happens. We're here for you.

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))
    So sorry......

10. Anolee

Anolee Active Member

Thank you all for your support.

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That really is awful! Its so hard to lose a pet.
    However if it is any consolation to you I doubt it was anything that you did. My guess is it was probably ill when you got it. I know that doesn't really make it any easier right now.

12. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Im so sorry for your loss Aaron,,,we are all here to support you

13. Anolee

Anolee Active Member

Aight guys and gals...what I am going to say next may be a shock and a turn off to people....

I called SuperPetz last night and I am taking Homer back. I dont know if they are going to refund my money or what. But the manager (Brady at the Mechanicsburg, PA store) told me to keep it cold so it doesnt stink. So I did. I had this fear that it may just be hibernating or a deep sleep or something. So I put Homer in the fridge last night. I got him out and looked over the body (in a ziplock bag) and noticed 2 green areas. One was about in the middle of the snake and the other was at the vent. And this morning the snake was stiff, not loss like last night. I dont know. if that gives any inclination of what could have happened, I dont know. But He WAS alive Friday night when my dad installed a Timer for him and my beardies.

14. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

That's so horrible! I'm so sorry! :(

15. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I know it's hard but unless you want to have a vet determine the cause it's best not to dwell. This was not your fault!! Alot of bp's are ,unfortunately, still wild caught and come with bad parasite loads. Ask the store if it is captive bred and ask if their vet has performed a fecal. They have a vet that comes to the store and checks everyone out. If they are a decent company they will have the records handy.

16. Anolee

Anolee Active Member

True true. I am not blaming myself. I am better (tired from crying), but I am feeling much better about it. I dont plan on getting anymore herps since the BDs are taking up all my time.

17. Anolee

Anolee Active Member

To give you guys an update...I took the snake over to SuperPetz and they were willing to give me my money back. So thats what I did. I got the money back I put in to get the snake. So I am happy.

18. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

That's good, but don't give up hope because of one unfortunate experience.

19. Anolee

Anolee Active Member

I am not. I still love my beardies and take great care of them.

20. venus

venus Founding Member

I am glad it worked out for that you received your monies back. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.