This Disappears When Logged In

Hydroballs?

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by puzzlebean, Jan 20, 2011.

1. lboarts

lboarts Active Member

Great idea merlin. If I may add, why not use a humidistat instead of a timer to control when the humidifier comes on and off?

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That would work as well. However a timer is considerably cheaper!

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I have a great ultrasonic humidifier in my daughters room. I got it in the pharmacy section and it looks like an elephant. It has a dial, so you can set how much water vapor it puts out.

4. puzzlebean

puzzlebean Elite Member

Is it actually in the shape of an elephant? Or was that a metaphor for it being big and bulky? lol I was just thinking about how awesome an elephant humidifier would be.

I finally made it to the store! I didn't get the Hydroballs...they did not seem to be what I really wanted. I did get this coconut water dish;
    CIMG0209.jpg

And then soaked it and filled it with water, and put it under the light. I also sprayed his coconut. I think I won't need to spray the coconut... because it's a lil higher that it should be...at 65%...but it is going down. So this might be the solution! I will keep you posted and get some pics of the final setup decision.

Attached Files:

5. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

I use a hand or dish towel, soak it under warm water, ring it out and place it on top of the hide that under the CHE. It keep the humidity up for days! Try it out.

6. schlegelbagel

yes, its shaped like an elephant.

[​IMG]

7. puzzlebean

puzzlebean Elite Member

Omg that's amazing.

8. schlegelbagel

They also sell a frog and a penguin one too. My daughter loves it. She has to touch the trunk where the steam comes out on a daily basis.

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm surprised you didn't get the frog one. That is just to cute, I love it!