This Disappears When Logged In

Hybrid Pythons

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Ipanda, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Like it or not people will do it. in the past their have been more than these few to speak of, BP x Angola Python is the first that comes to mind as well as Carpet Pythons in general. When was the last time we saw a pure Diamond or Darwin. Some will crossbreed and make wonderful crosses that many will come to own but the true people who love these animals will preserve the purest forms. It could well be that these become the rarity in the hobby as some have before. To me this would be a said day to be a herper and hopefully it won't come to that.

All in all fads die fast. The money train has long since left. Breed out of love not out of pocket.

2. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

I couldnt have put that better... I still cant get over how pretty hybrids are... But then I look at my gizmo (ball python) and think what a handsome guy he is.... and it would be a sad day when you have to pay 7000 usd for a "normal ball python"

3. CrotalusCo

CrotalusCo Member

Hybrids are a touchy subject for many. Many people feel strongly against them and that is their call. I personally feel that they are amazing snakes and it opens up a whole world of unique beautiful animals. Just remember those that that are creating hybrids and being honest about the snakes backgrounds are doing it right and you should respect that even if you do not buy their hybrids.

Being that so many people are against hybrids and badmouth the creators, this has caused many people to create them and not honestly claim them as being hybrids. This is destroying the hobby and as such you may have a hybrid in your collection and not even know it.

Here are some of the not so commonly known hybrids

Ultramel Cornsnake
    Creamsicle Cornsnake
    albino Greybands
    many varieties of white sided kingsnake
    many of the albino splendida

and there are many others suspected as being hybrids but cannot be proven

Anyway if you are interested in learning about hybrids, seeing what is out there this is the site you seek Hybrid Herps. The complete hybrid reptile reference page

4. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

i've seen pictures of the burmballs and there is now another hybrid called the carpall (carpet python X ball python), which is an amazing looking snake..all though it seems really unatural, yet i'm not against them either, i once owned a king snake X milksnake hybrid myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.