This Disappears When Logged In

Hurt Green Tree Frog

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by gapeachkatie, Jan 15, 2011.

1. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Today I was cleaning the tank and feeding the tree frogs. Well, Captain(Green Tree Frog) decided to take a field trip out of the tank. She ended up landing oddly as she jumped toward my boyfriend and it now seems like she broke her hind leg at the hip. Is there anything I can do to help her heal or make it easier for her to get better? I know there is no way to put a little cast or splint on her, but I just don't want her to struggle more than she needs to.

Since the incident, she has ate a couple of crickets and been soaking a water dish that is half hidden, but her hind leg is still stretch out like she cant pull it back in. :(

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Put her in a 10 gallon tank by herself. Paper towel for substrate, a fake vine, and some cross branches with a water dish. Keep it real simple. Bump up the temps by 5 degrees to help her heal up.

You may want to seek a vet on monday. It may be a hip dislocation and not a break. Not sure if they can do anything for that, but you can ask.

3. gapeachkatie

im pretty sure it is a break. She still has movement in it, but while watching her move about, I noticed an awkward angle to her leg below where it would come into the joint. She is moving about the tank happily a good bit, but not climbing any of the vines or branches.

It is breaking my heart to see her like this, and now my boyfriend is mad at me for being so hard on myself about it. :(

4. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

:( sorry to hear about captain. Me and my gang will be praying for her safe recovery. And i know how both you and your bf feel. I beat myself up when my lizards or fish get hurt. Hang in there

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Hope Captain feels better soon! Sending healing thoughts you way, hopefully its just dislocated!

6. gapeachkatie

This was from back in January. Captain had MBD and passed away in March.