This Disappears When Logged In

Humidity Problem (product Question)

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by dannigd, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

Does anyone know the best product to use to control the humidity in my iguanas cage? I was looking at the Zoo Med waterfall or the Zoo Med Repti Fogger Humidifier. Anyone have experience with these products or have a better idea?

A little info:

I have a 125 gallon tank. One side is her cool side it ranges about 75-80, her hot side is 86 bottom and basking 95-98 but I can't get her humidity above 40.
    She has a pool and I mist her 3-4 times a day.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

That tank isn't going to last very long....

You can hook up a regular humidifier and some PVC shooting into the cage.

What is your top made out of? Is it screen? If so your humidity is going sky high. Try putting some Plastic over the top to keep it in.

3. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

Thanks LOL I know the cage isn't going to last long. Right now she's 7 months old. When she gets big enough I plan on building a bigger cage and give her roam of the house.

The one side of the cage is glass only one tiny slit is open on that end. The other end is wood it has two 10 in holes for the lamps to sit on.

4. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Where is the pool located? If you put it under the heat source that should help.

5. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

It is under heat source.

6. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

If I remember right foggers don't help a whole lot. I'd focus on sealing up the tank and misting frequently. Also daily baths are helpful.
    I run a human humidifier in my tank but it hardly does anything at all. Humidity is a pain.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The waterfall really isn't going to help the humidity much, plus the ig will likely use it for a toilet! And the reptifogger might be fine for a small tank but I suspect will be inadequate for a 125 gal
    Just get a regular room humidifier. Running PVC pipe from the outlet into the top of the tank should be more than enough.

8. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

if you want an idea for a great cage here is mine
    cost about 400$ of supplies and equipement(didnt have a drill)
    took me and my bf about 3-4 days to make, these are full days i'm talking about. its not in the pic but I got a small humidifier that you can get for like 20$ and put it under were he basks. I got the warm vapor one...do not buy one that makes hot steam could burn your ig.

[​IMG]

9. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Are you taking the reading from a digital or round hygrometer?

10. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

I have a digital one that tells the time and humidity. I do have a cheap round one in the center of the cage also but I don't really rely on that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.