This Disappears When Logged In

Humidity and heat?

Discussion in 'Blood Pythons' started by Og_, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Ive got my blood in a glass tank that is 75% High moisture. he eats once a week. anything to worry about except mites?:rolleyes:

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

What are the temps in your tank? Does your blood have mites Im not sure Im understanding this post sorry, can you rephrase for me?

3. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

I don't think there's anything special to watch out for with a humid tank, except for mold. Sometimes the substrate or tank can become a little moldy. That's a simple matter of finding the right substrate and giving the tank a thorough cleaning on a regular basis, though.

As far as other diseases, I don't really know off the top of my head what Bloods are prone to. A good idea is to just watch him. Make sure you get your Blood regular checkups from a vet. If he starts acting strangely, your vet will already be familiar with him and be able to diagnose the problem more easily.

Is this what you were asking?

4. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

The temps are about ninety at the hot end. He has had mites. I can't see any anymore.
    I guess what I'm saying is, He eats regularly. I've greatly increased the humidity by covering 3/4 of the tank with a plate of glass with a wet towel underneath. The remaining 1/4 has a 100watt black light. This has eliminated the squeeking in his breathing(refer to my other threads)
    1/2 the tank the humidity is high enough that the glass is covered with condensation. The other half is drier. I use shredded coconut fiber as a substrate as it is not suppossed to mold. I keep the substrate soaking wet but I have an "Island" that is dry with his hiding area on top.
    I did this after watching a nature show about the island of Sumatra where these animals come from. It rains every day there. Sometimes it rains for an entire week.
    My question is to those who keep bloods. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.