This Disappears When Logged In

Humidifier Timer Please

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by jabberwocky, Jul 26, 2011.

1. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

im working on an enclosure for my iguana and i want to use a modified people humidifier, but i need a timer that can turn it on for so many minutes then back off then back on later and back off. has anyone ever done this or does anyone know what im talking about who can point me toward a site with such a timer? i would appreciate it.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

if you get an ultrasonic humidifier (I have one for my daughters room) it lets you set the level of humidity with a dial. So you wouldn't need a timer, just to set it at whatever setting works for the enclosure. When I have it set to "medium" i need to fill it about twice a week. Holds a gallon.

Hers looks like an elephant. Got it at Target.
    41OkpPWtjbL._AA400_.jpg

Attached Files:

3. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

that looks awesome! and the trunk is perfect to connect a hose into the enclosure. thanks i really appreciate it!

4. schlegelbagel

Why not just put it IN the enclosure?

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You can also get multi setting lamp timers at the hardware store. They are designed to turn lamps off and on at set intervals so when you are gone it looks like there is someone in the house.

6. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

which would be the only way to make the knob work right. *face palm*

im trying not to get it pooped in haha my iguana isn't potty trained yet.

7. schlegelbagel

yeah, there's always the poop chance. ick.

8. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Jabberwocky, In the enclosure I am building I have the idea to have a humidifier in a vented box so C can climb all over and the humidifier will stay safe ans clean. It would be an idea for you to.

9. justor

justor Elite Member

Interesting idea... [taking notes]. Those ultrasonic humidifiers seem really great, but the one I have works alright too. It only has a high and a low setting and with the high setting it tends to overheat after like 30 minutes. I pretty much just keep it on low all day. any hardware store will sell a variety of electrical timers. some with preset options like one hour on/one hour off, and others that are completely customizable. most of the standard ones are less than $10, but some of the fancy digital ones are like $15-$20

10. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

I have a warm mist humidiifer in both of my enclosures with one of those fake rocks that can be purchased at Menards,etc., on top of it with holes drilled into them. Quite convient to pull out to wash if need be. Course the only time that I have to worry about that now, is during season.

And Both of mine are on timers that can be programmed to come on, go off a few different times of the day. It is a woods indoor timer. http://www.bigpaintstore.com/wds-59...om&utm_medium=bing&utm_campaign=synertech.net

11. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

another reason i wanted to hose it is that i wanted the moisture to come from the top of the enclosure while the vents will be towards the bottom. in my head it worked like a flowing cycle somehow. any comments on this?

12. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

I look at it this way, hot air rises and with it the small particles of water from the humidifier. Your Iggy will for the most part tend to stay at or near the top of the enclosure. I am putting mine on the floor as well as the vents on top and bottom that way I should have good air flow with in the enclosure.

13. schlegelbagel

The heat of the lamps will pull the moisture up. Same with the airflow. So humidifier on the bottom as well as an air vent.