This Disappears When Logged In

Humid Hide Question

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by Mike954, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Mike954

Mike954 Member

Hello everyone now that I have completed my new vivarium for my BRB I have a question about the humid hide. So in the aquarium kratos(BRB) used to be in I had the UTH under the humid hide to warm it up and do its thing, but now that he is in a wooden viv with acrylic bottom I cant put a UTH. My question is will the humid hide still be a higher humidity than the rest of the viv since I am not using a UTH under it?

Right now the viv is at a steady 80-84 degrees and 80-88% humidity. I dont think I will need the humid hide now but he seems to like it, once I put it in thier with some other stuff from him old home he seemed to be much happier. At firts it was a new hide that I put in thier with a big branch and water dish, he didnt seem to happy till I put the rest in lastnight and oh man was he all over that viv. He even went to the second level but didnt stay thier long since I dont have a hide up top yet.

Also forgot to mention the second level of the viv is about 3 degrees hotter and the humidity is about 6% more.