This Disappears When Logged In

How to Tile

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by Logan, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Hey. Random question. We've been putting together a rather large set up for Spike (Saharan Uro). Its 4x4x8. We are using peel and stick tile for the bottom and sides. I used liquid nails on them to help hold them down. I was smart enough to prop the sides up to use gravity to see if the tiling would stay. I've redone several of them now, and some just fell off a second time. Is there a better adhesive to use for this purpose??

Thanks!!

2. robinsonfam1

robinsonfam1 Member

thats peel and stick for ya! there are several flooring adhesives that can be troweled on and then apply the tile. its best to roll the tiles down to make sure they stick well.
    vct tile would probably be a better bet for longevity. vinyl commercial tile.

3. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Thanks for the response! I've got some other kind of adhesive on one piece to try out. If it doesn't work imma say screw it and put screws in any sides/pieces that aren't held on by the frame work. Hrmph. I just want his stuff donnnne.

4. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

To be honest, the peel and stick are junk, bacteria will get into the crevices and they will continue to peel up.... In my opinion if you want something nice, I would just go with ceramic tile and just grout them down and you would be good to go......

5. Logan

Logan Elite Member

I plan to seal the edges with silicone. So, no bacteria.

6. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Like most of us know and you do to, yea self-stick are not so great.
    I think the problem is magnified in an enclosure as the heat keeps the adhesive soft. I've had that problem using two-sided tape before for plastic door u-channel.

7. Logan

Logan Elite Member

I haven't even put it together and put heat lights on it. It just fell off during the testing process when I checked it with gravity.

8. SebastiansExotics

SebastiansExotics Elite Member

Peel and stick is garbage...

9. Logan

Logan Elite Member

We found stuff that sticks it down like OMG.