This Disappears When Logged In

How to Suspend Lights Over Tank

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by alexjerel, Sep 7, 2011.

1. alexjerel

alexjerel New Member

I just got a baby bearded dragon I have him in an 11 gallon tank for the moment. And his lights at the top of the cage. The problem with this is everytime I got to open his cage I have to take the lights off of the cage and it has become a pain. Can anyone tell a cheap inexpensive way to suspend or elevaute the lights so I can go in and out his tank without having to go in his cage without all the hassle. Thank you

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Thats a hard question! If it an aquarium, then you will have to remove the top to get into the tank. I use a front closing enclosure so I don't have to worry about getting in from the top. They do make clamp lamps that clamp on the edge of a tank, and they also make stands for the clamp lamps to attach to and hover over a tank. Here is another solution;

Custom Glass Tank Lid

The 11 gallon tank is definitely too small to get a proper heat gradient.
    Here is a caresheet on Bearded dragons, hope it gives you some information that you need. If you have any questions, ask away.

Bearded Dragon Caresheet (Pogona vitticeps)

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It's too much trouble to lift a light up and move it?

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

That was my thought! It's not like you are going into the tank a million times a day. It should really just be twice a day, to feed and clean.

And you need a bigger tank. 10 gallons is too small for even a hatchling. Just go out and buy an adult tank now.