This Disappears When Logged In

How to Move My Snake and Gecko Safely.

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Snakelovr, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Snakelovr

Snakelovr New Member

Sorry I'm involving my leopard gecko in this post too since it's a snake forums area. Just trying to avoid posting another one of these. ^_^

I have a juvi corn snake that is about a foot and a half long and an adult leopard gecko that about 8 inches long. I am moving to another state. The ride will be around 3 hours and I want to make them as comfortable as possible. I sadly don't have the access to a container like the ones reptile breeders give when they're shipped via mail to you. I was thinking about setting up a 10 gallon with a sturdy divider and adding a lot of blankets and such so the walls are covered and they won't be slammed around during the trip. I wanted to ask for others opinions or ideas before I attempt it. I want them to arrive safe and sound with the least stress possible. Thanks for the time!

~Snakelovr

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Take a pillowcase or snake bag and bag the snake. Put the gecko in a small container such as a deli container with air holes. Get a sterilite box at the dollar store and some of those hand warmers they sell at sporting goods stores. You don't want a lot of room for the animals to be rolling around.

3. Snakelovr

Snakelovr New Member

Thanks!