This Disappears When Logged In

How to Install a Flexi-branch into Exo Terra Terrarium?

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by sweeneyb, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweeneyb

sweeneyb Member

I am looking to install a "y" branch t-rex flexi branch into my terrarium and was wondering the best way to attach it? I dont want to have to drill through glass and I don't think a suction cup will work. If anyone has any links or pictures they could post that would be great.

2. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Forever? Epoxy might work.

3. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Silicone would probably work better than epoxy. I believe it will dry and cure faster. You can even get it clear. GE II Silicone. Keep in mind it will take about 24 hours to cure.

4. sweeneyb

sweeneyb Member

5. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

You could just lean it into a corner of the cage. Take a look at my ATB set up http://www.herpcenter.com/herp-photos/23104-few-updated-photos.html. I have the two branches at the bottom supporting each other and just the one across the cage. He spends most his days behind the plants on the perches at mid level in the cage. Very rarly at the top or lower. I've added a pair of plants to provide more cover for him on the high perch but he still uses the mid level ones most.

6. sweeneyb

sweeneyb Member

What do you have holding the twisted branch in place? Where did you get that branch?

7. titus

I'm using ball and socket type suction cups to hold it in place(hidden by the Orchids). I put screws into the ends of the branch and put the socket of the suction cup around them. It holds very well. I got the branch at a local store here in Germany though you should be able to find some like it in the US.

8. sweeneyb

sweeneyb Member

Can you post a close up of the suction cups and send me a link to where I can get them online? Thanks for your help. You think the ball and socket suction cups will working to hold the Y shaped flexi-branch I sent a link with in place?

9. titus

Here is the website for the suction cups Eheim GmbH & Co. KG | Accessories - installation (GB). There's really not much to it just drill a hole and fit it with a screw with a head size that fits well in the socket of the suction cup (where the clip fits in). I'll get a picture of it in detail if you want when I have it out next time.

I can't say if this would work to mount you branch. All in all I would have the branch angled in the cage while most Tree Pythons make use of larger cross branches as perches. Think of how the smaller branches grow they always angle mostly up with the smaller snakes make use of the area in the fork to sit being in contact with the branch on 3 sides, kind of like sleeping in a chair. Placing this branch across the cage would only give you more horizontal perches

10. sweeneyb

sweeneyb Member

I have been trying to find these suction cups to buy online but cant find them anywhere?

11. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.