This Disappears When Logged In

How to Feed Two Mice at Once?

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Khorne, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Khorne

Khorne Well-Known Member

I have two pinkies left for my snake (Had it 5 weeks), and in order to tell if he can eat a fuzzy, I want to try to give him two pinkies. Do I feed him one, check if there is a noticeable lump in him, then give him the second right away?

2. Khorne

Khorne Well-Known Member

Oh, and these are frozen and delivered using something like tweezers shaking them around till he grabs the mouse.

3. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Offer the second one as he is finishing swallowing the first.

4. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Lol no need to over think it. Offer him the first one, wait until he's done eating, offer the second one. If he wants it he will eat it

5. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

My two young female Boas are at a weird size right now where I'm feeding two rats instead of one larger one. The way I personally do it is I feed them one and drop the other rat in the cage. 99% of the time, they find and eat the second one but if not, I just pick it up and wiggle it until they grab it.

6. NoahGotHerpsDewd

NoahGotHerpsDewd Well-Known Member

I always just fed one, made sure I was up to size on what was appropriate for them. Like cryhavoc said, no need to overthink, just wait till shes done, and drop it down in there and see if she'll eat! lol

7. Khorne

Khorne Well-Known Member

It should be fine if he accidentally ate a small amount of aspen bedding, right? I accidentally dropped the mouse while feeding him, and apparently some stuck on it without me noticing. Didnt notice till it was already in his mouth.